file Which speakers for which sized room?

• ChiefMutig's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
ChiefMutig Posted 11 years 4 months ago
Hi! I keep reading and believing that we can't go wrong with Goldenear. I'm curious to hear the manufacturer's advice (and users' set-ups) on what they'd recommend for varying room sizes. What would be recommended for 8-9ft ceilings of 1000 sq ft, 2000 sq ft and 3000+ sq ft? Thoughts on ideal placement would be welcomed too. I just read a post that discussed horizontal placement (I'm trying to picture this and the wall sizes)--would this be ideal for music listening as well or for a theater setup?

I'm sorry for all the questions but I can't control excitement of Goldenear and the nearest dealer will require a weekend trip 3.5 hours away. Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 11 years 4 months ago
Sorry we don't have a closer dealer, we're adding them all the time so maybe soon.

It has become generally accepted that GoldenEar represents a big step forward in sound quality for the money. As far as can't go wrong, well, not sure we have a solution for every possible scenario but I believe all our product owners are very happy with their new speakers.

We have small/medium/large Satellite/Sub systems, ideal for small to medium sized rooms. We have Bookshelf models for full range stereo music playback or as part of a modest room size Home Theater. And we have medium and large floorstanding tower based systems for use in larger rooms. And of course we have the incomparable 3D Array soundbar for those small and medium size rooms that just don't allow for separate left and right speakers (or won't allow for them to be an appropriate distance apart). Our dealers are great at matching your particular room size and layout to products, give your closest one a call and discuss.

I have seen three horizontal speakers used in some large projector installations, above or below the screen, for L/C/R. All the GoldenEar speakers sound great on music, so of course they sound great as part of a multi-channel home theater system

• ChiefMutig's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
ChiefMutig Posted 11 years 4 months ago
Thanks Moderator! I guess I'm curious most specifically as to choosing between the Triton 2 and the Triton 3. I think the Triton 3 would be just great, but I'm always worried about the buyer's remorse or the "what if/what could be" with Triton 2s.

Would horizontal mounting be the recommended set up for the Triton's if one could do so? Thanks again for your quick reply. Next time I'm up north for business I hope to spend an evening at a dealer--I'd do just about anything to get them here in Champaign, IL!

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 11 years 4 months ago
You're welcome. Triton Three is just about everything the Two is, just a bit smaller for smaller rooms/budgets. The Two is a pretty big speaker and it will play about 3dB louder, the Three is a good fit for most average size rooms...

The Tritons can't be used horizontally. Sorry about no dealer there yet, soon hopefully. In the meantime I think south side of Chicago is your closest dealer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChiefMutig

• Hipnotizer's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 5
Hipnotizer Posted 11 years 4 months ago
I hear you on buyers remorse. I started out with the super cinema 50 and then exchanged the fronts for the triton two towers. The super cinema 50 were amazing but the triton twos are even better!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChiefMutig

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Getting Started Buying Advice Which speakers for which sized room?