file Incorporating Triton 2s into exisiting Setup

• Cos's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Cos Posted 11 years 10 months ago
I am in the process of upgrading my main speakers and am strongly considering the Triton 2s into my existing paradigm setup. Would it be detrimental to add these speakers to my setup below based on different technology?

Existing Setup
Anthem AVM50V w/Arc 3D
Anthem PVA7

Studio 60v3 (These are the ones I am going to replace)
Studio CC-690v3 Center (Do not want to replace this speaker)
Seismic 12 Sub
4x ADP 590 Surrounds

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 11 years 10 months ago
Cool, I use those electronics too. When you run ARC on the Tritons, make sure to lower the maximum frequency threshold to 1/2 or 1/4 of the default.

Cardinal rule of HT setups is matched performance in the front three speakers. The Paradigm Studio speakers are excellent, but they are not similar to the GoldenEar and I believe this will be detrimental (to use your language). If you're going to switch to the Tritons I would suggest using a "No Center" setting and keeping the center speaker with your other Paradigm speakers.

I would suggest that you eventually add the matching center and surrounds to completely enjoy the full experience. Its magic when you get a room full of those ribbon tweeters filling the air. Just a thought - for the price of those expensive (and 1980's technology dipole) surrounds, you could probably sell them and get four GoldenEar SuperSats and a GoldenEar center and money left over for a few new BluRays!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Getting Started Buying Advice Incorporating Triton 2s into exisiting Setup