file Speaker Spikes

• Samwise's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 10
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Samwise Posted 1 week 15 hours ago
I currently have four Triton Ones in the corners of my theater room which has thick carpet and pad. To get the tweeters aimed at my ears when I am seated, but especially reclined I have the speaker spikes as high as they can go in the back and I didn't install the spikes in the front so the speaker leans forward a little and the front is directly on the carpet. I'm assuming it would be better to have spikes in the front and the back, but I can't find any M6 speaker spikes long enough so that I can tilt the speakers forward a little. I'm looking for something about 2.5 inches or 60 mm long. Does anyone know where I can find these or should I just leave it the way it is?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 1 week 14 hours ago
Hi Samwise, I suspect you're current set up would be acceptable, however, using 4 x spikes should be a bit better. The thread pattern for the spikes and feet used on the Triton Ones is 1/4-20. The longest spikes I've seen are 2.15" long - and you can find them at a speaker component company called Madisound Speaker Components. Happy Listening!

• Samwise's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 10
Samwise Posted 1 week 13 hours ago
Thank you!

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back