file DENON x3800H subwoofer out

• Monroe's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 1
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Monroe Posted 1 year 5 months ago
Hey all, Happy Thanksgiving. I decided to dump my old Carver amp and failing B&K preamp in favor of the new Denon X3800H. Sound is way cleaner than it was before, it's like I took a film off the sound. I blame that on the 35 year old Carver. I'm having issues with the setup of the #2 sub out on the Denon, there is no test tone heard. #1 is fine when either speaker is connected. Haven't bothered playing with sub 3 and 4 outputs. This is my last stop before calling Denon. Any ideas?

Thank you in advance,

Jason M

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
GDHAL Posted 1 year 5 months ago
Last edit: 1 year 5 months ago by GDHAL. info_outline
Hi Monroe.

In answer to your question, yes, I have an idea.

First, I notice your post has strike through the font. Not sure if it was/is your intention to delete your post. I don't think delete functionality is available to members. I think only the moderator can effect that type of edit.

Second, I owned a Carver MXR130 for 30 plus years. Outstanding amp/receiver for it's day, and a terrific value IMO. It's outdated by today's standards so good for you to move on to the Denon.

I checked the specs on your model Denon as and it's claimed that all four sub outputs opperate independently of one another. So my suggestion is forget sub out number 2 and try 3/4.

Best

Hal
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html

Monroe Posted 1 year 5 months ago
Thank you for the reply, I'll try the other outputs. I wasn't sure about the strike through either. Don't want the post deleted. Keep you guys updated.

Thank you.

Monroe Posted 1 year 1 month ago
Update on sub out issue, there must have been some sort of software pushed to it from Denon because everything works as it should. I have also run Audessy (2.2 stereo) room correction for it and it is not bad at all. After you fiddle with the bass knobs on the Tritons to try and make Audessy happy, it does a good job and calms down bass that was out of control in certain parts of certain songs in certain parts of the room. I'm sure if I had a legit db meter (not my phone) and a alot of time, it would come out pretty good. happy with it though.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back