file Atmos Enable speakers for T3+

• eganesh2004's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
eganesh2004 Posted 2 years 10 months ago
Hi all,
am not sure if anyone has asked this question before?. I have recently upgraded from Q-acoustics to T3+. Very happy with upgrade, love the sound of my new T3+.

Now as next step, I want to move from 5.1 to in 5.1.4 configuration.

I live in rented apartment and landlord did not give permission to drill on the wall, now I have left with only one option for atmos to use atmos enable speakers.

Is there way to put atmos enable speaker on Triton T3+ for Front height speakers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 2 years 10 months ago
Hi eganesh2004, GoldenEar does not manufacture Atmos modules (or Atmos speakers) to sit on top of the Triton Three+ towers.

While I have you, Dolby Atmos recordings would normally provide an immersive theater experience by producing sounds (or sounds of specific objects) above the listeners. A well recorded Dolby Atmos movie (when played on a properly setup Atmos home theater system) can provide the immersive sensation of being "in the movie". With this in mind, it's difficult to provide an Atmos effect (or the sensation of sounds above the listeners) by placing a small speakers (or "Atmos modules") on top of tower speakers - and aiming them at the ceiling.

In order to provide a convincing Atmos effect, we should place these Atmos speakers above the listeners. Placing Atmos speakers on (or in) the ceiling provides the best Atmos effect. The next option would be to place Atmos speakers fairly high on the front wall (or side walls) of your listening room. This way, you'll hear the sensation of sounds above you. Given your situation, you might consider placing a pair of SuperSat 3s "fairly high" on the front wall (or side walls) of your listening room - or on a small shelf (that would be "fairly " on your front wall or side walls) of your listening room. If you're not able to place your Atmos speakers "fairly high" in your listening room, the Atmos effect or Atmos sensation would be greatly diminished.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Getting Started Basic Hookup and Wiring Questions Atmos Enable speakers for T3+