file Triton 3+ Set up

• Antman27's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 4
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Antman27 Posted 4 years 4 months ago
Hello all I am a new owner of T3+ and a XL center
Few set up questions
I an Now using an older Denon AVR
Speaker set to Large with LFE correct settings for T3+ and the XL center to small with a 80Hz xover ?
I am running the LFE out of denon to the 3+s
Center sits on a wood cabinet should I use sorbothane feet Or spikes under the center ?
and the room is carpet over cement slab so should I get speaker spikes for the 3+s ? Or just sit them on carpet ?
Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 4 years 4 months ago
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by rjohn79395. info_outline
Welcome to the Goldenear sound!

You are starting with a good setup. Enjoy!

Re the SC. XL, I have used the provided rubber feet with any SuperCenter I have had and been very pleased with the sound. An advantage of the feet is that you can adjust the angle of the speaker to aim it at your ear level.

Re spikes vs rubber feet for the T3's, I'd recommend starting with the feet so you can easily adjust speaker position and toe in to your satisfaction, and then, yes, the spikes can add a bit more stability and hence clarity.

Have fun! You're in for a listening treat.

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 4 years 4 months ago

Antman27 wrote: Hello all I am a new owner of T3+ and a XL center
Few set up questions
I an Now using an older Denon AVR
Speaker set to Large with LFE correct settings for T3+ and the XL center to small with a 80Hz xover ?
I am running the LFE out of denon to the 3+s
Center sits on a wood cabinet should I use sorbothane feet Or spikes under the center ?
and the room is carpet over cement slab so should I get speaker spikes for the 3+s ? Or just sit them on carpet ?
Thanks

It sounds like you have the T3+ set to large and LFE in from AVR. All good there. We generally recommend the center be crossed over in the 60-80 Hz range, so that's good, too. You can use Sorbothane under the center, but make sure it can't stick to the wood part of the center or to the shelf it's on. Sorbothane can damage finishes over time.

Once you have your T3+ where you want them, then I would spike them through the carpet to the concrete floor.

Looking down the road, if the opportunity to add a dedicated LFE sub (say, perhaps a SuperSub X) comes up, take a listen to that. The T3+ is a great speaker but it does have only one active bass driver so I can see where both full-range main signal plus LFE might strain them a bit if you listen at higher levels.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

• Antman27's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 4
Antman27 Posted 4 years 4 months ago
Thanks for the info
Is the Sub speaker fire on the left or right /how does the passive Radiators come into play since I am close to furniture
I have moved a bit away from the furniture from this picture but was wondering is swapping them would make a difference in lows ?
Attachments:

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 4 years 4 months ago
The woofer driver fires forward and there is a passive radiator on each side of the speaker, down low. It should be OK from the photos you sent. But if you can move the speakers even an inch or two more out from the rack it might make them sound even better for you.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back