file Triton 2+ Setup with External Sub

• rbull34's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 7
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
rbull34 Posted 4 years 5 months ago
Hi All....I know this has been covered several times, but I would like some clarification. I'm planning on hooking my new Triton 2+ mains and Supercenter Reference with an external sub. I am going to hook these up with an Anthem 520 AVR. My goal is to take advantage of the built in subs of the T2+'s as well as adding an external ported sub for a little more kick in bass. After looking at several posts on this forum as well as others, it seems to me that my goal can be accomplished by running RCA cables to each of the 2 mains as well as splitting one of the cables to go to the external sub. Is this correct? Also, what are the best settings on the AVR to make this system sound the best? I'd like to get handle on this before I hook everything up so I don't have my professional AV guy who's helping me with the setup stay at my house for hours trying to figure it out. Any help with this is greatly appreciated!
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 4 years 5 months ago
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by rjohn79395. info_outline
Hi, rbull34

The current version of the 520 shows it has 2 sub outs. Does yours?

If it has 2 sub outs, you could run LFE to both T2+'s via a splitter and a second LFE from the second sub out to the sub. If yours has 1 sub out, then yes you could split one of the T2+ LFE's to run another to the sub.

Re settings, the T2+'s should be set as large, full range, sub on, and the SuperCenter should be set as small, with a crossover somewhere in the 60-80 HZ range.

Hope this helps.

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV

• rbull34's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 7
rbull34 Posted 4 years 5 months ago
Thanks for the info Rick...the 520 does indeed have 2 sub outs, so it looks like I will be splitting the T2's LFE and adding then a second LFE to a sub. I thought originally I would just split out the LFE from one of the towers to a sub, but having one dedicated LFE to the external sub makes sense. Also, thank you for the information regarding the settings!
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 4 years 5 months ago
You'll like having 2 sub outs. You can make separate gain adjustments to each to better balance bass.

You might want to consider placing the sub in back if you can for more room balance.

Have fun!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Getting Started Basic Hookup and Wiring Questions Triton 2+ Setup with External Sub