file Way to protect Aon passive radiatiors

• lglauner's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
lglauner Posted 4 years 6 months ago
Hi:
I have an Aon 2 on stand that is close to a walking path in our house. I am afraid someone walking by is going to accidentally hit the side of the speaker with a thumb or finger and damage the passive radiator.

Is there a recommended material or grille available that I can put over the sock and passive radiator that will not affect the sound quality.

Thanks, Lou

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 4 years 6 months ago
Lou,

It would take more than someone walking by and accidentally knocking or coming into contact with the passive to cause damage. It would probably take being dropped, or enough of an encounter to knock it off the stand. If knocked off the stand, more than likely it would be the fall, not the encounter to cause damage.

As far as a grill to protect it, there is nothing we recommend, but there are a number of options available should you decide to go that route.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lglauner

• lglauner's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
lglauner Posted 4 years 6 months ago
Thanks, I always assumed the passive radiator was fragile like a piece of paper. I do not think they would ever get knocked over, but I was worried that just a simple finger poke would puncture or damage the passive radiator. Thanks, Lou

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Getting Started Basic Hookup and Wiring Questions Way to protect Aon passive radiatiors