question-circle Invisa HTR 8000

• Corey's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 5
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Corey Posted 2 years 7 months ago
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by Corey. info_outline
Is there a recommended minimum width of a room to install the HTR 8000 as front overhead speakers (I have an 8 ft ceiling)? I am using the Triton Refs and a SuperCenter Ref as my fronts and center, and I am trying to get the best sound possible.

Corey
Spkr (GoldenEar): (L/R) Triton Reference; (C) SuperCenter Reference; (LS/RS) SuperSat 50;
AVR: Yamaha Aventage RX-A3040; Amp: (LCR): Parasound Halo A31; Blu-Ray (4K): Oppo UDP-203;
TV: Sony xbr75z9d; Sony xbr65z9d RCA Interconnects: BetterCables Silver Serpent

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 2 years 7 months ago
Hi Corey, Since the Invisa HTR 8000s play at a 30 degree angle from the ceiling, you have a bit more flexibility when positioning these speakers. For example, if they're located fairly close to the side walls of your listening room, you could orient them so they're firing inward toward the main listening position - which would greatly reduce any sound reflections from the side walls. With this in mind, you could place these speakers as close as 12 inches away from the side walls. When setting up the Invisa HTR 8000s as Atmos speakers, they would work well in a room that's 11-12 feet wide (or wider). This would allow you to place these speakers 9-10 feet apart from each other. Happy Listening.

• Corey's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 5
Corey Posted 2 years 7 months ago
I just measured the width of the walls. It's 10' 8" wide, so it would be 2" less from each side. ( I assume that there would be no way to mount them 2" closer to the wall.) If they were mounted 1' away from the walls in my narrow 10' 8" room, would the sound quality be sacrificed in any way? Unfortunately, I have to work with the room that I have.

Thanks.

Corey
Spkr (GoldenEar): (L/R) Triton Reference; (C) SuperCenter Reference; (LS/RS) SuperSat 50;
AVR: Yamaha Aventage RX-A3040; Amp: (LCR): Parasound Halo A31; Blu-Ray (4K): Oppo UDP-203;
TV: Sony xbr75z9d; Sony xbr65z9d RCA Interconnects: BetterCables Silver Serpent

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 2 years 7 months ago
Hi Corey, You're close enough for these speakers to work well. (Two inches on each side of the room would not have a noticeable impact on the performance of these speakers.) When positioning these speakers, I would still recommend placing these speakers 12" away from the side walls. This would place them approximately 8 1/2 feet apart from each other - which is still enough distance for you to hear what these speakers are capable of producing. Happy Listening!

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 2 years 7 months ago
Hi Corey

While you're sorting out placement issues for the 8000's, some comments on their contribution to the sound field as ceiling speakers. I have the same fronts and center as your set up, and upgraded one pair of height speakers to 8000's, and the blossoming of overhead dynamics and sound richness was beyond anything I had expected! They just fill in perfectly with the fronts and center and have the same Reference pedigree. Amazing speakers. Highly recommended.

Happy listening!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Invisa Series Invisa HTR 8000