file In ceiling surround speakers 525 or 650 or HTR 7000

• Ctro's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Ctro Posted 4 years 3 months ago
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by Ctro. info_outline
I am a long time 2 channel only guy doing surround for the first time. It will be for movies only. I have triton 2+ left and right and love love love them. Planning on the super center x (maybe xl) and wanted to do in ceiling surround for either a 7.2 or 5.2.2 Atmos. I can’t fit floor or wall surrounds given my room. I have seen some suggestions that the 7000 are better surround do but I’m not sure I can get them far enough away from the listening spot. The ceiling is 8.5’ high so it appears they need to be about 8.5’ minimum away. I might be able to get them further but would have to splice more speaker wire in line to make that distance because I screwed up when I installed the wire in the ceiling before the drywall went up. Is it better to splice and use the 7000 for the surrounds so they are further back and do 5.2.2 or to not splice and use 525 or 650 in a in ceiling 7.2 setup? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 4 years 3 months ago
The HTR7000s really do not "need" to be 8.5 feet away from the main listening position in order to create a convincing surround effect. (Placing the HTR7000s 3-4 feet away from the main listening position would still work well.) Maybe, you could setup a 5.2.2 system without having to splice the speaker wires. Splicing the speaker wires should be avoided.

• Ctro's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
Ctro Posted 4 years 3 months ago
Thank you. I can get them about 6 feet away so I guess I should be ok. I presume the 7000 are better in the surround position than the 650, right?

For the 5.2.2 and the “height” speakers should I use the 525 or the 650?

Thanks again.

Craig

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Invisa Series In ceiling surround speakers 525 or 650 or HTR 7000