file Moving - What To Put in Place of Invisa??

• bsotak's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 15
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
bsotak Posted 5 years 2 months ago
My wife and I are probably moving soon. We have Goldenear in-ceiling and in-wall speakers that we LOVE, and don't want to leave them behind. I'm not entirely sure where we'll use them in the new house yet, but I know we will. We have our main living area with 5 Invisa HTR 7000s in-ceiling (with Dynabox). In our basement, we have 4 Invisa MPX (L/R, Rear L/R). What I'd like to know is what you guys would recommend replacing these speakers with before we sell. Most people don't even care about sound, so I'd like something as cheap as possible, without having to do much more drywall cutting. Please let me know your thoughts!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 5 years 2 months ago
Hi bsotak

Good for you. Keep those speakers!!!!!

I guess I’d Google ceiling/in wall speakers with the diameters you want. JBL and others offer lots of choices, lots for under $100 per. Amazon carries lots of ceiling speakers also. None can play like your GEt’s.

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 5 years 2 months ago
Hi bsotak

Good for you. Keep those speakers!!!!!

I guess I’d Google ceiling/in wall speakers with the diameters you want. JBL and others offer lots of choices, lots for under $100 per. Amazon carries lots of ceiling speakers also. None can play like your GEt’s.

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV

• peace2peep's Avatar Offline
  • Nerd
    • Thank you received: 3
peace2peep Posted 5 years 3 weeks ago
I would throw some of the monoprice amber speakers in the ceiling. They actually sound good and are relatively cheap without sounding and looking like crap. they also feature a ribbon tweeter.
Denon AVR-X6500H
Aon 3 Left and Right
Supercenter XXL
Invisa HTR 7000 Rear Surrounds
Invisa SP 650 Atmos Speakers
FF 5 Subwoofer

• hollandjw's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 0
hollandjw Posted 4 years 5 months ago
I'm curious as to what you ended up choosing... I have some five 7000s and two 525s that I'd like to take to my next home. Would be great if there's an exact fit, inexpensive alternative to leave behind (as opposed to a drywall/paint job).

• bsotak's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 15
bsotak Posted 4 years 5 months ago

hollandjw wrote: I'm curious as to what you ended up choosing... I have some five 7000s and two 525s that I'd like to take to my next home. Would be great if there's an exact fit, inexpensive alternative to leave behind (as opposed to a drywall/paint job).

Sure thing! I ended up buying some Micca M-8C off of Amazon with a coupon for $30/each for the in-ceiling 7000s! And for the MPX I bought Klipsch R-1650-Ws for $75/each. The holes had to be widened a little, but it didn't take long to get the new speakers in. I knew I had the extra inch of space to widen the hole, and it was easy. Definitely happy I pulled them, since I was able to get a full 5.1.4 atmos setup in my new basement with them! The sound quality wasn't too terrible with the replacement ones, and for someone that doesn't appreciate it they would never notice.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, rjohn79395

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Invisa Series Moving - What To Put in Place of Invisa??