file In ceiling positioning for difficult layout

• KimchiHo's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 22
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
KimchiHo Posted 7 years 8 months ago
Hi all,

I need some advice on a future home theater layout. My future living room has an unfortunate pillar directly right of the MLP (and windows behind couch) which prevents the placement of regular speakers behind or to the right of the listener. It seems that my only option is to use an in ceiling speaker that is either right above (slightly right and behind) the couch or behind the pillar which would muffle the sound.

Clearly not ideal but wondering if you have any advice on positioning and speaker choice. I'm guessing the Invisalign MPX given its dispersion, but not sure. And, is there a world where I should consider the behind the pillar option and just increase the gains for just that right surround speaker?

Thoughts appreciated. Thanks all!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• KimchiHo's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 22
KimchiHo Posted 7 years 8 months ago
Or maybe the htr-7000s angled towards the back wall/windows so it sounds a little more like coming from behind rather than directly above?

Ugh, don't like having to compromise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 7 years 8 months ago
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Moderator. info_outline
Best to have your dealer come take a look at the space and make some suggestions. Alternatively, might be worth a shot to send a room layout drawing with the details you mentioned to our support mailbox and see if they can make some suggestions based on that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 7 years 8 months ago
Hi KimchiHo,
I like your statement about not liking compromise. I am the same. BUT, in all fairness, this is life.
Less than perfect can be just fine, really. I have been there and done that a hundred times.
This is the first time I ever had a custom built "home theater" and still I find I have to compromise some things (I will kill that builder if he ever shows his face around here again!! ha ha, just kidding?)
Honestly, you do the best you can with your room, and for music, yes, it can be noticeable. But for movies, once the movie gets interesting, you are not likely to notice at all.
Go for it, put your speakers where you can, use a SPL meter and tape measure to set your levels and then see how it sounds. You can always tweak as you go along.
Hope this helps, have fun with your challenge,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Invisa Series In ceiling positioning for difficult layout