file Using the same stud cavity for different channels

• HTBruceM's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
HTBruceM Posted 11 years 2 months ago
Two questions for the folks here...

I have ceiling studs that run left-to-right across the room. If I install Invisa speakers, both rear/surrounds would reside in the same air-space between the studs. The same scenario would be the case if I went with Invisa for L/C/R channels. Doesn't the common air space in the stud cavity create a problem for acoustic cancellation from one channel bass driver to the other? Or maybe some other detrimental effect?

Secondly, same stud cavity where I would have to mount a ceiling L/C/R Invisa contains a 3" diameter metal duct that is connected to a ceiling fan in a laundry room - it vents to the outside.

Thoughts on this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 11 years 2 months ago
Hi - sorry for the late reply, missed it.

It is not the best plan to have the speakers share a common cavity, but we're talking about a very large cavity and one that is probably not air tight. Follow the instructions about using some insulation and you'll be fine. If you're really concerned, use a back box of some sort. This will probably be much less of an issue for the surrounds, and less of an issue if you use a subwoofer in the system and high-pass the in-ceiling speakers.

As long as you stay clear of the duct I would not expect it to have any sonic impact - again, follow the instructions regarding using some insulation in the install.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Invisa Series Using the same stud cavity for different channels