• Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
rjohn79395 Posted 5 years 1 month ago

Canopy wrote:
I am very happy with setup currently but I'm always
looking for improvements.

Don't want to come across as a "power cord pusher", but another angle you might think about is trying an upgraded power cord on your source, the Marantz AV7705. Something like an Audience Forte F3 at around $150 might be a fairly inexpensive way to try out the concept. SQ can get cleaner, more natural sounding, even some bass expansion.

Just a thought...

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Canopy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Canopy's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 3
Canopy Posted 5 years 1 month ago
I appreciate your comments Rick.

The power cord is not something I have considered but sound intriguing. I will look into that.

I have played around with sub crossover up to 120hz but eventually settled on 90hz . I felt the surround effects improved with
a little more low end coming from the individual speakers playing at 90hz vs higher.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 5 years 1 month ago
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by rjohn79395. info_outline

Canopy wrote:
The power cord is not something I have considered but sound intriguing. I will look into that.

You might find it interesting to read some of the posts on the Power Cords thread to get a sense of the types of SQ improvements folks have seen with power cord upgrades, and the various makes and models and benefits of each. Sources seem to benefit the most, though I have upgrades on most everything including amps and powered Tritons. I think most of us took our first step with more than a little skepticism. I have tried various power cords on my Marantz SR 7010. Each one gives a slightly different type of improvement so listening preference plays a role. But each one I tried gave a noticeable jump in clarity, naturalness, some more musical than others. Power cords definitely upgrade the capability of my Marantz to deliver clean, sweet, detailed, dynamic sound to the rest of the system! Thought maybe your AV7705 with I believe similar AKM DAC's would benefit some also. YMMV as always..

Hope this helps!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support SuperSat Series Wattage question