file Triton One?

• wxthomson's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 5
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
wxthomson Posted 12 years 3 months ago
Just curious as to whether there will be a "big brother" in the Triton series.
Can you share anything regarding future models GoldenEar has in development?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 12 years 3 months ago
Some day - nothing yet - other than some really cool ideas bubbling around in Sandy's head :)

• JWJW's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 1
JWJW Posted 11 years 11 months ago
Any those cool ideas going to become reality? I'm ready to move up the GEar food chain. A taller, more powerful speaker then the T2 would be awesome.

Moderator Posted 11 years 11 months ago
I'm sure they are - but sorry - nothing yet. :unsure:

• DEP's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 0
DEP Posted 11 years 3 months ago
Just to revisit this subject, I think a Triton one would be great also. I've been playing around with some older speakers I picked up recently including a sub with my Triton 2.

I love the overall sound of the Triton 2, mids and highs in particular. I've realized however I'm a bass head and in addition to the tight, articulate bass that the Triton 2's have that I do like some of that subterrainian rumble that a separate sub can give out. I find I can crank up the Triton 2's to give me that, but then I lose that tight articulate bass.

Was thinking a Triton 1 along the lines of the Def Tech BP7000's would be pretty darn nice, along with a bigger center channel of course (though I don't know that a powered center is necessary).

Wondering if a Triton 1 could retain the tight articulate bass I get from the 2's, but with some of that ultimate low end rumble...

Moderator Posted 11 years 3 months ago
Thanks for the comments. The Triton Twos (a pair) produce in-room bass flat to about 24 Hz. That is actually deeper than many subs, certainly deeper than your average under $1000 sub will go. However, just like ANY full range speaker, if you take the deepest bass away (or some portion of the total bass signal being sent them), you will get better overall dynamics, definition, articulation and distortion from the full range loudspeaker - especially at higher volumes.

For example, adding LFE-channel sub(s) to a Triton-based system will relieve the Tritons from reproducing the LFE channel signal in addition to the bass signals from the L/R channel and the bass from any redirected Small channels. This is a great idea for "bass heads" to enhance the dynamics and total output of a Triton based home theater.

Regarding the Triton One, I am sure this product will be bigger and designed to play louder at low frequencies, but probably not any lower. If you want lower you need BIG subwoofer(s). The ForceField 5 will play lower than the Triton Two, as will (from our experience) other subs in the maybe $2000 and over range.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton One?