file Strange issue I just lost sound in both tweeters

• Marsman's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 24
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Marsman Posted 5 years 6 days ago
I am not one to drive my speakers a super loud levels . I have very clean power using a McIntosh MA-7000 which has power guard to prevent clipping to speakers ..have had no loud transients that I can think of .. zero nothing. Went to fire up the system and no high end. Is this common with GET HVFR ribbons? They are under warranty but is it hard to replace? Gotta say this is the first issue I have ever had with speaker drivers in 30 years of being in the hi-fi world. And help or direction would be great;y appreciated thank you

Tim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
GDHAL Posted 5 years 6 days ago
At face value I would think it very unlikely that a problem should arise in two tweeters. You didn't mention what model triton you have, but if it's one with a sock covering, pull the sock down and visually inspect them is the only thing I can think of.
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 5 years 4 days ago

Marsman wrote: I am not one to drive my speakers a super loud levels . I have very clean power using a McIntosh MA-7000 which has power guard to prevent clipping to speakers ..have had no loud transients that I can think of .. zero nothing. Went to fire up the system and no high end. Is this common with GET HVFR ribbons? They are under warranty but is it hard to replace? Gotta say this is the first issue I have ever had with speaker drivers in 30 years of being in the hi-fi world. And help or direction would be great;y appreciated thank you

Tim

Hi Tim,

That is indeed strange. Best to contact the dealership where you purchased them and they can help troubleshoot as well as perform repair, if needed.

If you want to do a visual inspection yourself, what GDAHL said is good: if you have a model where the grille cloth can be pulled down to expose the drivers and tweeter, look for any discoloration in the tweeter. It should be a nice yellow/gold color. Either way, contact the dealer.

The HVFR handles a lot of power and it takes a lot for it to get damaged. The fact that both are not playing makes me think that looking at the amp and source is a good idea, too - just to make certain there's nothing awry there.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Strange issue I just lost sound in both tweeters