question-circle Triton 7 vs Triton 3

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 2 months ago
Funny that doesn't ring a bell, I have worked in India, a LOT. I know a LOT of the Transocean guys there.
Like you said, it is a small world, but a big oil field.
All the best, blessings,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 1 month ago
With the home theater drying out from the flood, I am listening to the living room system with the Triton 7s. Finished a movie with difficulties because I dropped the remote for the Oppo 83SE. Wouldn't work for an hour after dropping it.
So I stuck a movie I wanted to finish into a cheap 3D blu-ray player, just a local unit there to only play 3Ds in the living room as this TV can but the Oppo cannot.
Then put on a CD to listen to some tunes, just popped it into the cheapo. Bob Schneider "Burden of Proof" has some great bass lines in the first song, but suddenly they were missing, well not totally missing but I wished they were, they sounded like MUD.
Meantime the wife had gotten the Oppo remote working. I sez to her, listen to how bad that sounds. Then I ejected said CD outta the el cheapo and put it in the Oppo and played the first track again. The bass lines came back clearly full and round. Beauty came back. Life was good again.
Now I am not a source is everything kind of guy, BUT there is a LOT of truth to it, you can only reproduce what you get from the source. You can't make it better, you will only degrade that signal, more or less, we try to make it less.
And I am not a "golden earred" reviewer type, I don't like to read about "night and day" differences, but this was mud or music difference. No one who can hear would have missed this.
I am sure none of you are using such a bad front end, but just want to encourage you to feed the best signal you can to the Tritons, whichever model you are fortunate enough to have, they will make you happy you did!!!!!
Enjoy the tunes,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, monsterzero

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton 7 vs Triton 3