file Tritons-biggest difference: tube preamp or amp?

• Winefix's Avatar Offline school
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 70
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Winefix Posted 10 years 4 months ago
Sounds like a sales pitch, do you work for the company?

No offense, but I wouldn't drop 5k on any amp I never heard of.

I would recommend known brands that have favorable opinions on pairing well with Tritons and in a perfect world- an extensive home audition. IMHO there is no reason to spend that much money on any amp, there are so many amazing value products out there for half the cost. (Just like GE ear products Price / value ratio)

Best,

TJ
Good times, good wine, and great music !!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 10 years 4 months ago
I believe we have a forum member on this site who has ordered the Triton 1's ($5000.00 dollars) and has never heard them...anyone you know?

The Decware amps have 30 day money back guarantee...
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!

• Premium Member
  • Premium Member
I spent 10+ Hours auditioning the Triton twos over four days in my dedicated theater and they smoked other speakers I have ever heard under 10k. (To my ears)
So, not blindly buying the Triton ones as they are very similar to the twos.

You are on the wrong message board if you are suggesting that anyone of us are blindly spending 5k on the ones without any knowledge of the brand. Goldenear is well established and has too many stellar reviews for the ones from top publications to count.
These reviews are from the last few months and not from a few years ago.

Decware seems crazy expensive for charging 5k plus for only 40 or 60 Watts per channel and that doesn't strike me as a good value. Just one guy's opinion.

Do you work for Decware?

Anyone else here care to chime in if they have heard one of these amps with Tritons?

TJ

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 10 years 4 months ago
All I do is work, listen to music and lift weights...can't an old man have his fun?

I'm no stranger to buying electronics without first auditioning them---a few examples:

I was the first in the state of Kansas to purchase an Anthem Statement D2v...was on a 2-3 month waiting list.
I was the first in the state of Kansas to purchase an Definitive Technology Reference Super cube.
When I purchased my PrimaLuna Premium preamp their were no reviews, no auditions...stepped out in faith.
I also purchased a pair of Acoustic Zen Adagio loudspeakers directly from the manufacturer... there are no dealers in the state...I still own them...they are great sounding speakers, but to my ears the Golden ears are better.

For me...making a purchase from decware is no big deal.

Winefix...you & I think/do things differently... doesn't mean we can't be friends. :cheer:

I DO NOT WORK FOR DECWARE...
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 4 months ago
Whoa, take the gloves off boys!!
Oh, heck we can all be friends here, now we know who is selling something, who is buying something and who is getting something for free!!! OK, that last part might be wishful thinking.

Let's back up a bit, shall we? I think some of us first heard of Decware on this forum. Not sure about Bro Anthem, but I certainly took note when it was pointed out that Sandy sometimes plays his Triton 2s with Decware tube amplification. Since I am convinced that Sandy is a guru of musical excellence, I naturally researched Decware. You too Anthem, or not?
So Winefix, that might help in understanding where this all started.

Bro Anthem, just because you have a long list of doing crazy things, does not make it right!!!! ha ha
I too was worried for you, as Winefix was, I was glad to hear you say they have a money back 30 warranty.

Zen Mystery ???? Who thinks up these names????
Be that as it may, I looked it up and read about it, and yeah, that sounds like some serious amp Anthem. Although the pics are great, I am not a fan of the home made 'built on a board' looks.
I had to read a LOT before I finally found out that they are zero feedback design. I like that and the KT 66s they use for power tubes. It also sounds like they are running them very sensibly--not pushing them at all if they only claim 40 wpc. These tubes have some really great potential and perhaps Decware has found how to get the most from them. I like the biasing system they use.
I am concerned about you though Anthem, if you buy this. I know your "upgradeitis" because I have it too. And if you get this "amp to end all searching for amps" what will you do then?
No, seriously, if you get this and give it a good audition at home and see if it really lives up to the hype and PRICE, then you may have found your perfect amp.
What are you going to do about microphonics? When you crank up the smooth Jazz and start dancing around the room with your free weights, you are gonna put some soundwaves against those tubes that will not sound nice. UNLESS you have a rack to put it in that will allow it be air cooled properly but protected from airborne vibrations.

Let us know what you decide and how it works out for you.
All the best on your journey, which I could come over and listen with you!!!!
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

• Premium Member
  • Premium Member
All good discussion, and of course all friends here .

Great hobbie we all enjoy, and I work at part time as a custom installer. My final point is that I am searching for the biggest bang for the buck for me and my customers which the Tritons unquestionably provide. Just seem to be really pushing
the decware without ever hearing their models with GE. If you want to spend that amount of money, more power to you, just doesn't
fit my criteria for price / value the way GE products do.

Please report back how they pair if you go that route, love to hear about it !!

Best,

TJ
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Tritons-biggest difference: tube preamp or amp?