check triton two in thailand

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 5 months ago
Great Stephan, got your sms, we will talk next week.
I don't know exactly where you live, but it sounds cool. I am way up North. But a friend with Triton 2s lives in Pattaya.
We will get something sorted out.
Just a guess but from what I have heard, the Nova 125 should sound great.
We'll talk, take care, and save up, this is a great hobby, but nobody said it was cheap!!!!
ha ha
God Bless, Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: elysium

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 10 years 5 months ago

elysium wrote: And dear Moderator, I can send you those details if you like via PM which might be better? thanks

Yes please, to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. Thanks!

• elysium's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 15
elysium Posted 10 years 5 months ago
Is there any concern with respect on humidity? as in Thailand the humidity outside can go up to 90% I am a bit worry of the temperature and humidity variations within the seasons this causes.

Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hey Stephan,
I have not had any problems with my Triton 2s and Triton 3s. And my friend has not had any with his 2 pairs of Triton 2s. Though it is still early days yet, I guess.
I never had a problem with my Apogee ribbons either, but I never left them out in the rain.
I have heard from several that Martin Logans do not do well over here. The humidity gets to them and ruins them. Not sure how true, just heard that.
I think inside, with a little A/C from time to time and you will be fine. IF you don't use A/C, I can get you turned on to tube amps, then you will have to turn on the air. 5555555+ (You should know that means ha ha ha in Thailand)
How far South of Bangkok are you down there?
Keep in touch, all the best,
God Bless,
Wayne

• elysium's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 15
elysium Posted 10 years 5 months ago
Hi Wayne, high five.

I am living in the hotel actually, tile floor, brick walls and airconditioned within 22-25 degree celcius. probably not the best sounding room, perhaps looking into a carpet too and for the humidity an inexpensive dehumidifier. I also have a 540 Watt UPS from APC for my rig but I am looking into a line conditioner or a Brickwall sure protector in addition.
a tube integrated amp would have been my alternative too like the PrimaLuna ProLogue Premium but since its double the cost and I dont have vinyls I will stick with the Peachtree, ordered already ;-)
I am in the South, I am sure you know where Phuket is ;-) I will have to fly to Pattaya but would love to come over the weekend after Songkran to audtion them or then to Bangkok in a showroom, thanks for the info again.
Stephan
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hey Stephan,
You really should not have any problem with humidity in an air conditioned hotel room. And your Peachtree should do very well with the Triton 2s. BUT
BUT
IF you like music through them the way I do, and IF you end up playing them as loudly as I often do, you may have other problems in the hotel. You may have other listeners come over, OR complainers.
I got the Magnet IRG 600 and IRG 2000 locally made power conditioners. They are good I believe, and not too expensive. The 2000 is over the top crazy well made. BIG and HEAVY.
But you will still need a UPS, as these power conditioners will stabilize the voltage, but NOT protect from power outages.
www.magnetaudio.com/index.php?list=product&cmain=14&c=12
Hope this helps.
Will call with that email address as soon as I get back to Thailand. Just in time for Songkran.
All the best, God Bless, Wayne

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series triton two in thailand