file Wouldn't want your job

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 9 months ago
Dear Moderator Dude, I wouldn't want your job!
I feel like you are a friend to us here on the forum, and are doing a great job. Your advice and answers are informative and useful.
Your GoldenEar Team gets a GREAT review of a new speaker and all of a sudden everybody wonders if the other speakers that have been getting all these fantastic reviews are suddenly no good. In other words, the GREAT review comes back to bite you in the butt!
That is not fair. (OK, some of the wording in that review was unfortunate comparisons where no real comparisons were done).
And you keep having to answer questions about Audyssey, which has nothing to do with GoldenEar; and nearly all of us here do not believe it is for those with golden ears, UNLESS a person's room sucks, but you somehow still have to deflect questions like it is all your fault.
AND, some cannot even recognize a joke when they see it. MERCY.
And we have some silly people who post here, but I won't say anything about us, er, them.
Still, all in all, this is a VERY civilized and friendly forum and you help to keep it that way. I appreciate that and the job you are doing.
Hang in there, keep up the good work.
God Bless,
Wayne

Now, have I sucked up enough to get one of my posts quoted on FB????? I mean, next time I write a good one. Well, IF I write a good one????
God bless the child that's got his own.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 10 years 9 months ago
Bro Wayne:

Have you "GONE COUNTRY"?
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 10 years 9 months ago
LOL ... thanks Wayne. I'm glad you appreciate it all from the outside looking in, I always wonder how it all appears. I want it all to stay positive and fun, afterall, its about music and movies. Nothing but fun there. But I've been a part of the audiophile community for a long time, so I know that's virtually impossible. Its also fairly typical to blame whoever will listen, and I am trying to be a good and responsive listener, as GoldenEar tries to be a good and responsive company. Getting any help form the company that made that 10 year old receiver is not too likely.

I don't want to blame anybody for not getting my humor, my wife tells me I'm not funny all the time.

Thanks again Wayne, I know our marketing guy monitors the forums for comments, so keep talking! :laugh:

• Mitch's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 10
Mitch Posted 10 years 9 months ago
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by Mitch. info_outline
I appreciate all the effort the Moderator puts in to answering questions on this forum. His response to my post on Sevens versus other Tritons was appreciated by me. No one stated that today’s best makes yesterday’s no good. You make a good point about no live comparisons were done in that review. In fact, a response like that is why I asked my question in the first place. The review in question certainly made some very attention-grabbing comments and I didn’t and still don’t think asking for comment in the Triton forum to be out of line. I didn’t see anyone personally attacking either GoldenEar or the Moderator or any of his responses. I hope my question didn’t cause the Moderator any ill feeling as I can assure you none was intended.

I also very much appreciate that the Moderator realized that what he wrote as a joke might possibly have come across as more sarcastic then humorous. When you are limited to written words rather than direct contact sometimes things can, unfortunately, be misinterpreted.

Happy Holidays to everyone.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 10 years 9 months ago
Thanks Mitch! Not at all, the review stirred up a lot of questions that needed clarity. Reviewers try very hard to put "attention-grabbing" comments in their reviews. I'd say Chris succeeded.

As I mentioned to Wayne, my attempts at humor are probably at best just well intended. My wife tells me I'm not funny, and that's in person!

Happy Holidays to you too, and all our Forum friends!

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 9 months ago
Moderator Dude,
I think you are funny.
Really.
Course, I think life is funny. Many don't.
I liked the pre-Katrina New Orleans, "Laissez les bon temps rouler"
But I am not ready for Christmas wishes yet, gotta decompress at home a few days first, get India outta my system.
Soon though,
God Bless, Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Wouldn't want your job