file FF5 Issues

• khthen's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 2
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
khthen Posted 6 years 1 week ago
I purchased two FF5 from A&L Malaysia, both of them having the random hum with or without AV source input, it has been working fine for past 1 year with the same location with current setup.

The FF5s is about 3 years plus old, and I was told A&L no longer the distributors. Research the forum find out the cost is ridiculously high and almost like buying new subwoofers in this case, I wonder what is the better option for going forward.

But seriously a subwoofer than just past 3 years having this problem ( which i see at least two incidents in the forum from Malaysia) have create a doubt in GE product quality.

Is that any authorised service centre is about to help this case with an effective cost option ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• TanLeng's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 24
TanLeng Posted 6 years 1 week ago
Last edit: 6 years 1 week ago by TanLeng. Reason: bad math info_outline
I use A&L Audio, and they've been helping with sending the boards back to GE for maintenance. This is despite them no longer being a GE distributor. I had terrible experience with Audio Perfectionist who is the new local distributor.....let Sandy know about it months ago. Hopefully Malaysia gets a competent distributor soon.

Odd that there's a sudden influx of Malaysian customers with FF issues...bad batch? I believe I bought that sub about 3 years ago as well.

Also , despite my lengthy issue with one FF sub, I have no qualms with GE's product quality, apart from one issue with a Supersat center way back when. I currently have a 5.1.2 system and a 5.1 system , so 14 GE products in my house currently, with multiple upgrades over the past 6-7 years. The current FF issue is the only thing of note.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth

• khthen's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 2
khthen Posted 6 years 1 week ago
I read some reply said the cost is almost 2/3 of the cost, is that true ?

• TanLeng's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 24
TanLeng Posted 6 years 1 week ago

khthen wrote: I read some reply said the cost is almost 2/3 of the cost, is that true ?

I don't think I've had to pay anything so far.

Call Lum at A&L Audio - AmCorp mall, he said he will help sort you out.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back