file Forecefield 3 Problem

• forall98's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 1
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
forall98 Posted 6 years 1 month ago
Hello,
I am from Malaysia and I have the Goldenear Forcefield 3 Subwoofer (Driven by my Marantz SR 5008 AV Receiver) for last 3 years. Recently it developed a weird "Humming Noise" and would create this noise when signal is connected. Even after the input signal is disconnected the humming continues. And after 3 days it has completely powered off and does not on anymore.

When I took it to the dealer and got it checked, I was advised that the whole board needs to be changed and it almost costs 3/4 the cost of new woofer. I have had other woofers like mission, yamaha and velodyne before and the repair for these is much easier with just the change of the faulty parts.

What is Golden Ear's strategy to support the users like me as I doubt your product was built to last for 3 years only? And for a fault in it after the warranty period would you expect the users to buy a new one? I was reading for forum and this seems to be a common problem with this product.

Your further guidance on this is most appreciated and I would appreciate your support on this to fix this issue for me as your Subs are not cheap and I would not expect its life time to be just 3 years.

Please advise.

Thank You.

Regards,
Rajesh
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 6 years 1 month ago
In the US or Canada it woul be a warranty repair. In foreign markets it is up to the distributor. If you want support from us this is not the place to get it. We have a support desk that can be reached by email, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• khthen's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 2
khthen Posted 6 years 1 week ago
I have the same problem for mu dual FF5, have u GE reply using that email?

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support ForceField Subs Forecefield 3 Problem