file Loose rubber items inside of cabinet

• murphy2112's Avatar school
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
murphy2112 Posted 9 years 6 months ago
I'm having an issue with my SuperSat 50s. I have two 50s and a 50c, and all are having the same issue. Basically, there are small rubber rectangles glued to the inside of the speaker cabinet, and some of them have come loose. I believe this happened when I needed to ship them from one location to another, and although they were packed fairly well, I'm guessing the cold weather or just USPS handling have caused these pieces to come unglued...

Now that I'm sure my speakers are no longer under warranty, and everything else works fine, how do I go about resolving this? What do these rubber pieces do? There might be some 20-25 pieces in there, and only a few came loose. Should I re-glue them? Or replace with another similar material? Or just remove them altogether? I suspect they are there to minimize internal resonances and vibrations. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 9 years 6 months ago
Those are damping pads that are stuck to the inside walls of the speaker housing. In my experience thy can just be pressed back in place. Could spray some adhesive on them to insure they'd stick if you want. We see this occasionally during very cold transport.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support SuperSat Series SuperSats Loose rubber items inside of cabinet