file Center to match my triton one.r’s

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 5 years 6 months ago
Something is wrong with your setup - the reports from the field and reviewers have been unanimously positive, over the top positive actually.

Are you using a room EQ? If so, turn it off, do a manual setup, and then evaluate the new center speaker. Is the center speaker free of any boundaries, especially in front of the baffle? Reflections off near surfaces will make a mess of the sound.

Also, you could just be used to the sound of your other center speaker, which could be coloring your impressions.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nevets77's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 41
nevets77 Posted 5 years 6 months ago
I am not using any room correction yet or EQ adjustments . The speaker is currently place on top of my equipment cabinet on an adjustable center stand on the front edge with no obstructions. I agree that I might be accustom to the sound of my old speaker, or my old speaker actually is better sounding... This is why I can't wait to compare
them

.www.goldenear.com/media/kunena/attachmen...E3-36387AB3C413.jpeg
Triton Reference Triton One's Triton Fives , ref center, invista 650's , JBL 18" sub, Anthem AVM 60 , Emotiva XPA-5 ,Parasound 2205 , Adcom 555 , clark synthesis tactile transducer,
JVC dla x55r , Oppo 103

• Gutcheck's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 4
Gutcheck Posted 5 years 6 months ago
Hi Guys,

I too, am a little taken back by how bass heavy the center is. I like it, don't get my wrong, but it is really really bass heavy. I imagine it could be also because I have it laying on a table with no rubber feet under it.... which brings me to my question:

How do you get those feet in there? I took a hammer to the metal couplers and couldn't get them in the holes.... and I don't want to smash the thing.....

nevets77 wrote: I am not using any room correction yet or EQ adjustments . The speaker is currently place on top of my equipment cabinet on an adjustable center stand on the front edge with no obstructions. I agree that I might be accustom to the sound of my old speaker, or my old speaker actually is better sounding... This is why I can't wait to compare them

.www.goldenear.com/media/kunena/attachmen...E3-36387AB3C413.jpeg

Hard to tell from the pic but my guess would then be that you need to angle it up more, it is much lower than the tweeters on the towers and you want them to both be at, or pointed at, your seated ear level in your listening position. You can also try a higher crossover frequency if you are using something below 80 Hz.

Gutcheck wrote: Hi Guys,

I too, am a little taken back by how bass heavy the center is. I like it, don't get my wrong, but it is really really bass heavy. I imagine it could be also because I have it laying on a table with no rubber feet under it.... which brings me to my question:

How do you get those feet in there? I took a hammer to the metal couplers and couldn't get them in the holes.... and I don't want to smash the thing.....

Check for boundary issues, raise the crossover a bit. Put on the feet to allow space below the speaker. Put the speaker on a towel on a stable surface, position the insert over the hole and give it a good ole smack with a heavy hammer..

• Gutcheck's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 4
Gutcheck Posted 5 years 6 months ago
It's scary to smack a 1500 USD speaker with a hammer.... but I will give it a go.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support SuperCenter Series Center to match my triton one.r’s