file Super Center XL with Emotive mono block AMP

• Splash51's Avatar Offline school
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 408
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Splash51 Posted 9 years 4 months ago
I agree matching Triton towers with the SC XL will make the overall sound stage better. I am using T1's and SC XL. I have not isolated the center channel for a listening test. I do find the combination very clear from all angles in front of the speakers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• icharis's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 29
icharis Posted 9 years 4 months ago
ANTHEM:
I agree 100% with a SuperSat 60C and certain female voices not being perfect.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 4 months ago
Bro Anthem,
What actor is it that is messing you around? If it is Meryl Streep, don't worry, there are no center speakers that can make her sound good!!!!
Sorry, couldn't help that jibe.
I am impressed to know someone who has that much invested in center channel speakers.
I do not have the SC XL, too big for my location. I use the SC X and am VERY happy with it. And the XL should just be better.
I don't have any of the problems you are describing, but I crossover the center so that the lower freqs are filled in by the F L&R T2s.
I cross over the SC X at 80 Hz, tough it might be OK a little lower, and the XL would probably be OK to 60 or so.
Happy Listening,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 9 years 4 months ago
icharis: thanks for your input on the SS60C regarding female voices, I thought I was the only one hearing this, glad to know I'm not alone. Sibilance, especially in the female voice is my major concern. The SS 60C , even when processed through the Anthem d2v, cannot properly rid certain female voices of sibilance. When sitting directly in front of the SC XL, are there any problems whatsoever with the female voice? Male speaking voices...any problems? Paired with the T2's, would the SC XL solve my sibilance problem? The voicing of center channel speakers has frustrated me for many, many years. Icharis, Wayne, Splash, Moderator...would the SC XL solve my problems...should I make the SC XL, "The New Member of the Family."?
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• Splash51's Avatar Offline school
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 408
Splash51 Posted 9 years 4 months ago
A subjective answer to your question is YES. Give it a try. T2s and the SC XL will have a wide sound stage, all background sounds, voices(male and female), music and effect sounds will be crisp clear and well balanced.

Can you give us some specific sound tracks/movie scenes where you hear the voice anomalies ? I would like to try it on my setup, at that point I can give you a more objective answer to your question:)

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 9 years 4 months ago
Hey gang,

I have had the SuperSat 50C, 60C and the SuperCenter XL in my theater system. I found that the SuperSats were much more picky about placement and alignment. I also found they performed the best with the higher crossover frequency (which mandates either powered Triton towers or stereo subs in the front (which I have). I also found they were particularly sensitive to the rake angle, I made several small adjustments to the angle to get the frequency balance at my listening seat correct. They also suffer from shelf reflections, if you can't place it so the front is all but hanging off the shelf, it won't sound right (these were intended for wall mounting). Placement attached to the top or bottom of the TV tends to eliminate this issue. Once properly setup, I had excellent results.

Good news is the SuperCenters don't suffer from any of these setup issues, and, to my ears, is a spectacular sounding center speaker (and I, like anthem, have had MANY). I used to think the best center was "phantom", but not anymore.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, Splash51

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Clubhouse Write Your Own Review SuperCenter Series Super Center XL with Emotive mono block AMP