question-circle Amp upgrade options

• zombiedogg's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
zombiedogg Posted 12 years 2 weeks ago
Last edit: 12 years 2 weeks ago by Moderator. info_outline
So i have a home theater step up with the Triton II towers and the SuperSat 50C and 2 SuperSat 3's for the back. Right now I'm powering this with an Integra 50.2. It sounds just fine most of the time but there have been times when I really want to crank up the volume but I don't want to go much higher than 75% on the system for fear of blowing the speakers. But a little more kick would be nice.

I got the AMP on sale for around $800 but it seams to be lacking just a bit. What are some upgrade options that would make sense in the $1000 - $2000 range ? And i'd like to know what Golden Ear uses to Demo there system or what they recommended?

Can I get a Pre-Amp and still use the integra 50.2 or should I sell that and get a new AV unit ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 12 years 2 weeks ago
Glad you're enjoying your system. If you want to outperform the Integra you'll probably need to go to separates. Playing louder typically means a bigger amp, although with correct bass management settings the system should play quite loud with that receiver. To play louder, you'll need a much bigger amplifier, not sure if the Integra has pre-outs - if it does you could add a separate power amp.

We have used Pass Labs amps, Audio Research Preamps, Peachtree Integrateds and Arcam receivers in our various trade show demos of the products. Dealers recommend brands like Arcam, Anthem, Marantz, NAD typically for the mid-price stuff. High end from McIntosh, Anthem, Arcam, Bryston, Krell, Parasound - just to name a few.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series TritonCinema Amp upgrade options