file Will my receiver be enough for the Triton cinema?

• odedia's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 12
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
odedia Posted 11 years 8 months ago
Hi,
I find the TritonCinema very interesting. I would like to know a few things:

1. Do I have to use a dedicated amp with these speakers? I know an amp would generally provide better quality sound, but is it a must? I currently have a receiver with the following specs:

Effective power output during STEREO operation:

1kHz,10% T.H.D.,at 8 Ω ........................................... 140 W + 140 W

Rated power output during STEREO operation:
100 watts per channel minimum RMS, both channels driven, at 8 Ω from 20 Hz to 20 kHz with no more than 0.7% total harmonic distortion.(FTC)

Effective power output during SURROUND operation:
FRONT (1kHz, 10% T.H.D. at 8 Ω, one channel driven) ... 140 W + 140 W
CENTER (1kHz, 10% T.H.D. at 8 Ω, one channel driven)... 140 W
SURROUND (1kHz, 10% T.H.D. at 8 Ω, one channel driven)... 140 W + 140 W

2. I understand the front speakers have their own power supply. Is the power supply universal AC, 110-230v? Meaning, if I buy in the USA and move to Germany/UK, will the speakers still work without getting smoked? :)

3. Is there a dealer that you work with who also has an online presence in the US? As you understand, I am not a resident of the USA and you don't sell the product in my country, so I would like to ship it here on my own expense, but for that an online store would be very useful.

Many thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 11 years 8 months ago
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by Moderator. info_outline
I'll try to answer your questions, using your numbers:
  1. No.
  2. No, if you buy in the U.S. and take to Germany you will need to use a voltage converter in Germany.
  3. I see no reason an online store would be any more useful. If you are ready to buy and don't want to go into the store, call them on the phone and give them your credit card and shipping address.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series TritonCinema Will my receiver be enough for the Triton cinema?