file Triton II upgrade/mod

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 13 years 5 months ago
No trouble, you're welcome!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• wweiss's Avatar Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 130
wweiss Posted 12 years 4 months ago
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by wweiss. info_outline
I bought these speakers a month ago still breaking them in. They are really amazing! I have them set up in a bedroom set up. The room is 20x20 with 11 feet ceiling. Nine feet apart. 24"from back and side walls.
Using a 105wpc Sony RCVR.Speakers set to large 2 channel.Source- cheap Toshiba DVD player and I-Touch. 12 guage Monster speaker cable.Listen to 90% Music. My only question is to get the subs to really perform I have to crank them up to about 95 dB on my Radio Shack SPL meter. I have the subs set to the 2 O'Clock mark. The manual says the 12:00 position so I'm wondering if this is normal? In the past I used a separate 15" Velodyne sub and I'm a rock drummer who really wants to feel the music! When the dealer auditioned them for me in a much smaller space they achieved max room lock with a Blue Ray demo. They were too loud!
So much music-so little time!

Moderator Posted 12 years 4 months ago
Nothing wrong with that - the level control adjusts for room issues and "taste". It is a large space, which might contribute to this also. You can try positioning them closer to back and/or side walls for more room reinforcement too.

• eXcalibur's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 17
eXcalibur Posted 11 years 11 months ago
One of the replies mentioned that all Tritons shipped after December will have the upgraded mod. Is there a way to be absolutely sure that the Tritons we own have this upgrade? Even though I purchased my Tritons in February, it is very likely they could have been stored at my dealer before December.

Can we tell via serial # or other methods?

Thanks,

Moderator Posted 11 years 11 months ago
Serial number can confirm, but 99% of the original Triton production was updated within a few months or the original shipments. Please send an email to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with this question and your serial numbers and we'll check it out for you.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series TritonCinema Triton II upgrade/mod