file Help selecting integrated amp: NAD M10 V2 or M33 for Triton 2+ or One.R

• Yalo's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Yalo Posted 2 years 8 months ago
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Yalo. info_outline
Hello, I am looking to purchase a new stereo system and have been super impressed with GoldenEar reviews I’ve read. We have a large area (over 450 sq ft and an open ceiling to second floor) but also no way to incorporate subwoofer. So hence my interest in GoldenEar Tritons with built in subwoofer…

My first choice is the Triton 2+ but with a stretch in budget it sounds like the One.R would be a good upgrade given our large area.

I’ve read various posts on this forum suggesting power amplifies for these speakers, but what about integrated amplifiers?

My goal is to make my new system as easy as possible for everyone in the house to use. To do this, it seems an integrated amplifier would be most relevant. I’m leaning towards NAD M10 V2 (100wpc) but if a significant improvement, we would stretch budget and would consider the NAD M33 (200wpc).

Would the M10 V2 adequately drive the GoldenEar Triton 2+ or even the One.R soeakers?

While I recognize more power would be better at the margins of playing louder, it’s confusing to know what we might benefit from a more powerful power going from 100wpc to 200wpc.

Glad to clarify if this seems a disjointed question.

Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 2 years 8 months ago
Hi Yalo, First, you're considering some fine equipment that would sound quite natural and musical. The Triton Two+ towers should do very well in the application you've described, however, the Triton One.Rs would take the sound quality to another level. The Triton One.Rs sound noticeably more open, detailed, and 3-dimensional. They also produce a larger soundstage that works well in a large or open listening environment.

Next, the NAD M10 V2 is a fine amplifier that would be quite sufficient to drive the Triton Two+ or Triton One.R towers. I suspect most listeners would be quite satisfied with the sound quality produced by this amplifier driving either of these Triton Towers. With that said, the NAD M33 has a better DAC and a better amplifier design (as well as more power). I'm sure the NAD M33 would be a noticeable improvement over the NAD M10 V2. I guess the question becomes...how good is good enough? With long term investments like speakers and amplifiers, it's been my experience that you'll enjoy many years of listening pleasure by going with the better models you're considering. Happy Listening!

• upbeat's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 0
upbeat Posted 2 years 7 months ago
You do not need that many watts when you already have the 1200 watt bass amp. I bought a HEGEL H90 with only 60 ( but good) watts but with a 10 times normal damping factor. ( only $ 912 second hand)
It is pure magic with my Two+ , which will be upgraded to the Triton Reference tomorrow. §;-)
It does have a DAC inbuilt but you deserve a better one i.e. Hegel HD25 which you also can get second hand at only $912. - I have this DAC: Audio Alchemy DDP 1 and PS 5 Power Supply new price $3000, used for $1000, which also punches above its weight. With QOBUS streaming which have the absolutely best HiRes without the MQA (Tidal) scam.....

• MrFluffyWalrus's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 5
MrFluffyWalrus Posted 2 years 5 months ago
I'm new here myself BUT already own the M33 (1 year) and Triton Ones (2014 model).

While my room is not as large as yours my experience with both is very, very positive.They do seem to be quite 'synergistic' as a team if I may use that word. If your budget does go that far seriously think about the M33 - it lacks nothing and has a ton of features.
I do have a few tweaks I'm looking at investigating via this forum - just out of pure curiosity i.e. connecting the NADs LF 'outs' to the T Ones and playing with Dirac a bit...

Hope you find your musical joy!
NAD M33 - Rega P6/Ortofon Quintet Bronze - Oppo BDP 105 - GoldenEar Triton One - Gaia II iso feet - IsoTek EVO 3 power cords and power boards - some wire...

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Help selecting integrated amp: NAD M10 V2 or M33 for Triton 2+ or One.R