file Line Magnetic

• grg1120's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 16
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
grg1120 Posted 3 years 5 months ago
Hello everyone,

I am in the process of getting a new integrated amp for TREFs. I have narrowed it down to two choices which are the LM-805iA and the LM-845iA Premium. I was only able to demo the 805iA where I am located in Central Florida but the amplifier was pretty new and not broken in. The sound was still amazing. I know Sandy himself uses a 219iA which I believed the 845 Premium replaced.

I am not sure whether to go with the 805 or if the 845 will even be that big of a difference.

Anyone heard both and have some input?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• charliehatch's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 904
charliehatch Posted 3 years 5 months ago
HI grg1120...

I haven't heard either, but that doesn't prevent me from commenting. :)

Looking at the specs, one is more powerful than the other. In my humble opinion, you can't have too much power, so, all other things being equal (which they probably aren't), I'd go with more power.

I have Trefs, and I'm running 300 W (8 ohm) solid state amps. I'm a bit leery of tube amps for the Tritons as they do have impedances that get down to near 3 ohms at times. Because of relatively high tube amp output impedance, that makes pairing with tube amps a little tricky. Did you hear that amp driving Trefs?

Charlie
Digital source > multiple boxes and cables that are always changing > Triton Reference speakers

• ThomM's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3
ThomM Posted 2 years 8 months ago
My dealer demo'ed the T Refs with the Line Magnetic 845 2-box amp. And this setup was glorious! (Well, I did buy the speakers, so...)

The 845 claims 22 wpc. Sounded like enough power to me.

The problem with this: HEAT! Those thoriated tungsten filaments heat up to 3100+ degrees Fahrenheit. If it weren't for that (and the fact that I live in Arizona...lol) I'd buy them in a minute.
The following user(s) said Thank You: charliehatch

• grg1120's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 16
grg1120 Posted 2 years 8 months ago
I ended up going with the 805 and I never looked back. Sounds amazing with the Trefs. I did a few upgrades on the 805 such as tubes, feet, fuse and power cable.
The following user(s) said Thank You: charliehatch

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back