heart Suitable DAC Amp for Triton 2+ or One Ref

• elysium's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 15
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
elysium Posted 5 years 10 months ago

Timecop wrote: If I were on the hunt, I’d probably buy separate DAC and amp. I’m quite partial to Chord Electronics sound. The DAVE is their flagship DAC, and the Qutest is a recent release at a much more manageable price point.

www.whathifi.com/chord/dave/review
www.whathifi.com/chord/qutest/review

I’ve listened to both of these at the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF), and they are simply fantastic. I’d love to put one in my GEt system.

Agree on separation. On the pricepoint too high for me, I am not quite fond of the design for the lower priced model.

Towing with the idea of having a PrimaLuna pre amp and integrated as well, half of the price of the chord Dave...then again I guess it’s a different Level..let’s see
Thanks for contributing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Timecop's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 270
Timecop Posted 5 years 10 months ago
Keep in mind that you should select your DAC based on how it sounds - not how great it looks, or a price point that you think it should fit into. I don’t know where you’re located, but take a trip to a shop and listen to some DACs. Don’t make a decision based purely on prices, pictures, and spec-sheets.
Triton Two front L/R
SuperSat 50c center
Triton Seven surround L/R
SuperSat 50 surround rear L/R
AVR Arcam AVR-21
Amp Marantz mm7025
Velodyne optimum 10” sealed, back left corner
SuperSub X front-right corner

• elysium's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 15
elysium Posted 5 years 10 months ago

elysium wrote:

Timecop wrote: If I were on the hunt, I’d probably buy separate DAC and amp. I’m quite partial to Chord Electronics sound. The DAVE is their flagship DAC, and the Qutest is a recent release at a much more manageable price point.

www.whathifi.com/chord/dave/review
www.whathifi.com/chord/qutest/review

I’ve listened to both of these at the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF), and they are simply fantastic. I’d love to put one in my GEt system.

Agree on separation. On the pricepoint too high for me, I am not quite fond of the design for the lower priced model.

Towing with the idea of having a PrimaLuna pre amp and integrated as well, half of the price of the chord Dave...then again I guess it’s a different Level..let’s see
Thanks for contributing.

Thank you Timecorp
Well noted and I hope I can do some auditioning yes.
Thanks for the info

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Suitable DAC Amp for Triton 2+ or One Ref