file Watch where you plug things in

• Cxp's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 37
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Cxp Posted 6 years 5 months ago
I've had my Triton 3+'s for about a month and a half now approximately. I've been very happy but I decided to experiment today since I am spoiled with two dedicated 20A lines.

Previous setup had my DAC - PS audio Stellar DAC, and amp - PS Audio S300 both going to the wall on one 20A circuit both with PS audio AC-5s. The tritons were going to my Dectet (in the HC section) that then went to the other circuit. The other plug was taken up by my Sbooster linear power supply that powers my Sonore Ultrarendu.

New setup moved things around.

Amp still straight to wall but then moved the DAC to the HC section of the Dectet and put the Sbooster linear power supply in the other isozone. The tritons now are on the other circuit but straight to the wall.

The SQ difference is night and day. I had to repeat the configuration change a few times to make sure which was better... its very different sounding.

The new configuration there is much less boxy midbass boom, deeper lows, and clearer highs. Drums are faster. Also, it sounds like the whole system can breathe or something. Vocals are more fleshed out, meat on the bones per se.

Also I have posted in the other thread about playing with asymmetrical toe in to balance out the fact that one side is open and the other is in the corner. An interesting byproduct of changing where things are plugged in is it sounds so much more seamless, everything is blending much better. I will have to play with the speaker toe in a bit now to see how things change but I think i'm keeping this new configuration.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, Rackon, HTSME

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• HTSME's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 287
HTSME Posted 6 years 5 months ago
Thanks for sharing your comments. I had a dedicated 20 amp line run to the wall behind my cabinet, never thought about using two 20 amp runs.

I have an old Monster Cable surge protector with like 12 outlets and I am using the high draw current for the amp and another high draw for the two T-Ones.

Am thinking about getting a good Panamax surge and filter unit to replace the surge protector and now you have me wondering what is best for running the T-ones.

Del
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• Cxp's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 37
Cxp Posted 6 years 5 months ago
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Cxp. info_outline
If the Tritons and the main amp are all on the same line, they are all interfering with each other and causing the voltage on the line to fluctuate.

Ideally in the future I plan on going to 3-4 dedicated lines. One Triton for a line, and 1-2 spare lines for other main audio equipment equipment.

HTSME Do you by chance have an upgraded outlet on the line?

• HTSME's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 287
HTSME Posted 6 years 5 months ago

Cxp wrote: If the Tritons and the main amp are all on the same line, they are all interfering with each other and causing the voltage on the line to fluctuate.

Ideally in the future I plan on going to 3-4 dedicated lines. One Triton for a line, and 1-2 spare lines for other main audio equipment equipment.

HTSME Do you by chance have an upgraded outlet on the line?

CXP....yes sir, I purchased an upgraded 20 amp outlet for audio applications. When the electrican's rewired our kitchen as part of a remodel I had then run the 20 amp in the basement for the audio system so the charge was pretty minimal...only materials for the wiring, breaker, and box. When I gave them the outlet to install, he really looked it over and was impressed with the construction. After connecting everything he was impressed with the grip pressure of the plug.

If you go with dedicated 20 amp runs you need to use these upgraded outlets. Thank you for asking. I know you did the same thing as I did but others probably would never think of upgrading that cheap $0.75 duplex outlet.

Del

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Watch where you plug things in