file new Reference Technology in other models??

• tswei99's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 3
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
tswei99 Posted 7 years 5 months ago
I read with great delight about GoldenEar's release of the Triton Reference. My application requires standalone subs and I was wondering if there is a passive tower being planned with the new tweeter and other drivers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 7 years 5 months ago
Nothing planned right now, but I certainly wouldn't rule that out as something to expect in future product updates and revisions.

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 7 years 5 months ago
Thanks, Moderator Dude

You had mentioned in another thread that for the present, there were no plans to add a Reference Supercenter above the SCXXL, but would be recommending running the SCXXL at a higher crossover with the Triton References. Is that purely a headroom consideration, or also to direct more of the frequency range to the Reference's highly capable speakers???

Thanks!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 7 years 5 months ago
Headroom, yes, to match the output of the Triton Reference in a full surround system (which is basically the same as the other reason you mentioned). This would only apply to large rooms + max volumes (with BIG amps) so for most situations a typical 80Hz crossover is going to be fine.

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 7 years 5 months ago

Moderator wrote: Headroom, yes, to match the output of the Triton Reference in a full surround system (which is basically the same as the other reason you mentioned). This would only apply to large rooms + max volumes (with BIG amps) so for most situations a typical 80Hz crossover is going to be fine.

Thanks, Moderator Dude

I won't get a chance to audition the Triton References until later this year. I currently have the SCXXL crossed at 60 HZ because it seems such a perfect match there with the T1's, bringing some of the bass more toward the center (I know theoretically bass under 80 HZ is non directional, but I just seem to sense more bass with the SCXXL at 60 HZ, and the SQ from any combination of T1's/SCXXL is so similar). I guess I'm wondering, with the Triton References ANOTHER notch better, more nuance, more clarity, more musicality, if moving the SCXXL's crossover up to 80 HZ would also move the 60-80 HZ portion of the center channel output to the most musical, capable speakers in the system, the References, which are now the "top of the top".

Guess I'm way ahead of myself here, but I'm thinking if I had Triton References as fronts, I'd want to place as much of the sound field as I could in those capable hands, and would for sure be experimenting with moving the crossover of the SCXXL up to 80 HZ....

Thanks!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe, badronald

• badronald's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 1
badronald Posted 7 years 3 months ago
Hello,
First post here. Does anyone know if the new Triton Reference have dual set of speaker binding posts. All others have just one set.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers new Reference Technology in other models??