file Speaker Platforms...

• Tim Glover's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 23
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Tim Glover Posted 7 years 5 months ago
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Tim Glover. info_outline
Greetings. B) Any of you fellow Triton owners used any type of acoustical platform for the Tritons?

I use these for my components that have improved the overall sound. But these speaker platforms or shelves really have some good reviews.

www.symposiumusa.com/platforms2.html

would like to improve the bass output a bit.
Timobi Wan
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
GDHAL Posted 7 years 5 months ago
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by GDHAL. info_outline
Hi Tim.

I have not used a platform with my T1s nor do I intend to use a platform with the Reference.

In my case I get plenty of bass as is, and IMO the Triton's have very good spike footing (and that is particularly true of the reference).

While I wouldn't be surprised if the symposium platforms can add value, it does come at a high cost. I understand the Quantum Signature can run to three grand depending on size.

As you are seeking to improve the bass, it may be worthwhile to move up the line from whatever Triton you currently have to the next model (or beyond). If you have a powered Triton, you might also raise the bass control a bit.

Best of luck!
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html

• ArthurDaniels's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 1811
ArthurDaniels Posted 7 years 5 months ago
Hi Tim,

Which Triton do you own? If it is the Triton Seven or Triton Five, then you would gain more bass at considerably less cost by adding a sub or two.

If you own any of the powered Tritons (3,2,1) and boosting the bass control does not provide what you are seeking, then, from my own recent experience, consider the amplifier that is providing your sound. I was quite surprised when I recently re-configured my system to include a separate two-channel Cambridge 851A amplifier for music. Not only did the bass fill out, but the overall sound for music improved dramatically, when compared to what I had been hearing when my Triton Ones were connected to my Onkyo NR 3009 9.2 channel AV Receiver and playing two-channel music.

Provide more info about your setup and I'm confident that a number of seasoned GE veterans will offer advice from their experiences.

Best,

Art

• Tim Glover's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 23
Tim Glover Posted 7 years 5 months ago
Hey..I have the Triton 1's. The bass is pretty well dialed in. Took awhile but I would like it to be a tad more articulate tho. Got a pretty high end rig with a McIntosh MC452 amp paired with a tube preamp McIntosh C2600. Since I added the symposiums for gear I was just curious if any of you all had experience with a speaker platform. I had a set of Aurelex? foam platforms when I owned Klipsch Heresey's.
Timobi Wan

• Steveo's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 297
Steveo Posted 7 years 5 months ago
I use Auralex platforms. They are big and not overly pretty. However to me they work. When I installed them the bass seemed to tighten up and seem more musical but impactful. Overall better.

I originally got them cause I have a pair of Triton 1s on my top floor apartment (overkill I know) and wanted to minimise bass resonance for my neighbours. The sound quality improvement was a welcome bonus and would still use them in a house without needing to be considerate to my neighbours. No complaints from my neighbours yet either and I have had the t1s since they first launched in Australia. Recommended
Triton Ref Pair, Supercenter Ref, SS 3's surr
Digital-Nimitra Server>USPCB>Iso Regen>TX Ultra>chord mscaler>chord dave>deqx hdp5
Analog-Technics sp10mk2, Ortofon Quintet Black , Michell Tecnoarm
Bel Canto REF600m L & R, Emotiva Xpa 5 Gen 3 for Center and rears
Subs 2xJTR 2400captivator
PS Audio P10
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, Tim Glover

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Speaker Platforms...