file Need Advice on a Amplifier for Triton 5

• gth141a's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 2
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
gth141a Posted 9 years 6 months ago
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by gth141a. info_outline
Thanks for all the input/advice gents. I spoke to the owner (Dave) of Audio Emporium in Milwaukee on the phone today. He was very knowledgeable and carries many of the amps I considering (and more importantly GoldenEar speakers). He said hands down in my price range Hegel H80/H100 would be my best. He spoke about patented technology that Hegel uses that creates nearly no noise through the preamp as well as industry leading (for the price) damping. He did admit that he wasn't a huge fan of tube preamps because it adds color to the sound and isn't as "pure" but mentioned this was purely a matter of preference.

Before speaking to Dave, I was considering the Peachtree 220se and Vincent 237 strongly. Both of which have tube preamps built in. Has anyone had experience with pairing a Hegel amp with any of the triton towers? I'm going to try to find a Hegel dealer in Atlanta to listen to them first hand (although they won't have GEt speakers for a true validation). I'll keep you guys posted on what I find out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 9 years 6 months ago
I auditioned the T2s and T1s with a Hegel H-160. The pairing was first rate. Though solid state, the Hegels are very smooth. I've never heard as big a difference between the T1s and T2s as I did with the H-160. They are definitely worth seeking out! Let us know how the hunt goes.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 9 years 6 months ago
Just want to add that we have had lots of experience with the Parasound Halo stuff and it is excellent sounding, beautifully made gear. I would bet the new integrated is a real winner.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Need Advice on a Amplifier for Triton 5