file Triton 1-Best Preamp?

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
anthem Posted 9 years 5 months ago
They do that every year...APRIL FOOL, BABY!! :lol:
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• captainbrent's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 9
captainbrent Posted 9 years 5 months ago
hahahaha...hilarious!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem

• bradorner's Avatar Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 171
bradorner Posted 9 years 4 months ago
Hey WayneWilmeth, How's that XMC-1 working out? I've been thinking about it to replace my Onkyo receiver as a pre-pro.

I've been(was) running 11.4 mostly with DTS Neo:X (Triton 1s and 2s as full w/ LFE also, actually 11.2 in terms of processing). Lately, though, I've been just using a 7.4 setting (DTS Master HD w/o the extra processing), forgoing the heights and wides. I really don't miss them at all with the GE imaging and there's a little more clarity w/o the matrix processing. So, as I've been thinking of a dedicated pre/pro, and with the XMC-1 price about to jump May 1, I was wondering about your experience with it.

FWIW, I emailed Emotiva about any upgrade path for the XMC-1 for more channels (Atmos/DTS:X). Not gonna happen for the XMC-1, but they are working on a new pre/pro - no details other than its 'several months away' and will be 'quite a bit more expensive' than the XMC-1.

thanks in advance,
Brad
Living Room:
Triton 1 - R,L
SuperCenter XL - Center
Triton 2 - Surrounds
SuperSat 50 - Rear surrounds
Emotiva XMC-1 pre/pro
Emotiva XPA-1 G2 monoblocks, R/L/C,
Emotiva XPA-1L monoblocks: surrounds, rears

Home Office Office:
Triton 7 - R,L
Emotiva XPA1-L, Stealth DC-1 DAC
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 4 months ago
Hi Brad, good question, thanks for that!
And I think you are looking at the right way to go, the XMC-1 should be good, especially for the price. I would order it before it goes up, you can always return it in 30 days if it does not work for you.
Mine was taken out of the suitcase last night, but I am a few days from setting it up (IF I can wait that long), at least until I recover from jet lag. Lots of house issues after 5 weeks away.
I hear you on the extra processing and definitely I am not expecting to ever go ATMOS, or anything more than 7.1. IF you really need that then the XMC-1 is probably not the right pre-processor for you. I am not the slightest interested in speakers on the ceiling.
What I do want to do is to watch a few movies, listen to some music on my old system before I change out the processor, just to dial my ears in again to what I have first (Marantz AV7005), so I can see how things change when I do the upgrade.
Sorry to be so slow,
Hope this helps,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bradorner, T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Triton 1-Best Preamp?