file Quick questions on Tritons Towers.

• ultralight's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 4
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
ultralight Posted 9 years 10 months ago
Greetings,

Quick questions for those of you who have listened to the Triton Towers side by side.

A few questions:

1. Do all the Triton Towers have comparable resolution? Or do the higher end units have better resolution? How signficant is the difference if there is any?

2. What about speed of attack/decay between the speakers? Hope this question makes sense.

3. Would the larger ones simply reach lower in the bass but other qualities are similar?

4. Anyone fit the largest of the Triton (say the Ones) in a small room say, less than 10 x 15? Would it work? I know the larger Tritons would work in larger spaces - but wondering about smaller spaces.

5. Do the powered subs have controls to reduce the volume of the bass and also the bass extension (say down to 30 hz instead of 24 hz?

6. How do the Triton work with SET Tube amps - say those around 20 watts? The efficiency seem OK but I've not seen the impedence and phase graphs.

Thanks!
UL
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 10 months ago
Hey UL,
I have heard all the Triton towers except the Ones. So not sure this will help, but will try.
1 All the towers, in fact all the speakers share the HVFR, which gives the same resolution and GE "house sound" across the board.
Which is incredible BTW, IMHO.
2 See number one. The only differences I think you might hear (other than bass of course) is with the midrange drivers. Some people think the midrange drivers in the Ones and the T7s are better and more detailed than in the T2s and T3s. I think that MIGHT be a little bit the case, but nothing really noticeable.
3 Yes, as above, the larger ones just reach deeper and there is not a LOT of difference otherwise--perhaps a LITTLE.
4 I have the T2s in a little bit larger room than yours. I cannot imagine (although I would love to hear them, try them out) putting the Triton Ones in there. I have all the sound I can handle!!!!
5 The built in subs in all the towers have a volume control, which is really handy, Necessary in fact, to integrate with the rest of the system. But for other controls of the sub, you will have to use bass management.
6 It is said that Sandy plays his towers with SET amps. Since the bass is self-powered, there is not a great deal of power needed to run the upper frequencies. I have a 45 wpc tube amp that I run with my T7s, and it is a GREAT sound. But the 7s do not have the powered sub. I found that I could not get the tube amp far enough away from the side firing radiators of the subs on the larger towers and my tubes experienced microphonics when I played music loud. And I very much recommend the Tritons like to play loud. But my tubes were getting pinged by the bass, and it messed up the sound. Now with the T7s that is not a problem.
YMMV.
Good questions, I hope this helps,
happy listening and have a good time putting together your dream system.
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Quick questions on Tritons Towers.