file Triton II Head Room w/ Pioneer SC-1522 Receiver

• John Shepard's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 16
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
John Shepard Posted 10 years 1 month ago
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Moderator. info_outline
I have the Pioneer Elite sc-05. It works great for theater but the default full auto MCACC never gets it right. If you go into advanced MCACC you can tell it to keep your speaker settings. You can now select 3 other MCACC channels to tune your system differently, front alignment, all channel adjust, symmetry. Now run the setup. Takes at least 10 mins as it tunes each channel differently. When it's complete, you'll have 4 different settings to go by to compare which sounds best to you. I find it gets you very close, with your own fine adjustments afterwards.

Enjoy,
John
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, MOBrien, Stickday

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Stickday's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 6
Stickday Posted 10 years 1 month ago
Thanks John, I will set up all 3 to see the diff. Running on SYMMETRY now. Have a few other system niggles to solve and then I will be sitting down to play with MCACC. Looks pretty complex if you really get into it. AVSFORUM talks about manually trying different timing defaults and such. Guess I have some exploring to do! Weirdest niggle right now is MCACC came up with REVERSE PHASE for both speakers. I checked wiring thoroughly, switched speakers left and right, shut the blinds on the big windows to stop sound reflections. Still getting the R speaker out of phase. From other forums advice I guess I just ignore.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 10 years 1 month ago
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Moderator. info_outline

Stickday wrote: Still getting the R speaker out of phase. From other forums advice I guess I just ignore.

Yes, that's right, if you're sure things are connected correctly. This is fairly common with Audyssey.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MOBrien, Stickday

• Visitor
  • Visitor
MOBrien Posted 10 years 1 month ago
Yep, Audyssey is famous for that :S

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Triton II Head Room w/ Pioneer SC-1522 Receiver