file Soundstage Width & Imaging Precision

• ultralight's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 4
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
ultralight Posted 10 years 6 months ago
Greetings,

First post from a newbie here.

For a distance between speakers of about 6-8 feet, soundstage WIDTH and PRECISION of image placement (left to right) is very important to me.

Does the Triton 2 or 7 have wider soundstage width? What about image precision?

Thanks!
UL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 10 years 6 months ago
Welcome!

That's really close together, are you sitting close (8 feet) to the speakers too? If so, all good and both models are rather spectacular when it comes to soundstage and image re-creation (check out some of the reviews as this is something the audiophile press likes to focus on). The big difference is going to be bass extension and playing ceiling. Adding a sub to the Sevens gets you to a similar place, performance wise. If you have a local dealer they should be able to setup a comparison for you between these two models so you can decide what's best for you.

Thank you. Yes, that's pretty close together. The room is only about 10 feet wide so even at 7 feet, that's only 1 1/2 feet from the side walls. That's one reason why I am looking for something that soundstages wide to get a sense of space in a narrow space.

Thanks!
UL

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 10 years 6 months ago
Ultralight: what will the speakers primarily be used for...music or HT? If primarily for music and you don't require oodles of bass, I think the Triton 7's would be a sure winner especially in a smaller room. However, if bass is your GOD the Triton 2 will more then meet your needs.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!

Strictly for music. 2.0. And possibly 2.1 but if it really does extend to close to 30hz pretty flat, I wont' need a sub. Listening to all types of music except for hard rock, metal, rap. Lots of acoustic, vocals, orchestral.

May I ask why this question?

Thanks,
UL

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 10 years 6 months ago
Just trying to determine what fits your needs. People that listen primarily to music have different needs then home theater enthusiasts. Looking at the genre of music you listen to I think the Triton 7's would would suit your needs. Remember, the 7's can always be paired with a subwoofer if the bass isn't sufficient.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Soundstage Width & Imaging Precision