file Replacing original power cord-any issues?

• odedia's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 12
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
odedia Posted 10 years 8 months ago
Thanks.

I guess I wasn't clear enough in my original question, it did not come from the "sound quality" point of view which is of course debatable, I was just wondering if there's any risk or warranty issues to the amp/subs when using aftermarket cables. I guess the answer is no :).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 10 years 8 months ago
Your guess is correct.... B)
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!

• Marcus's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 4
Marcus Posted 10 years 7 months ago
Adding my voice to the power cord issues.

The longer the run the better, and safer, it is to have larger diameter wire. Do not use an extension cord as the extra connections are sites for possible problems. Triton subs can draw a lot of power although they idle more calmly most of the time. More current draw also benefits from more copper diameter, or smaller gauge wire.

I use on my Triton 2's a major manufacturer's power cable, name withheld by request, that is ten gauge, lots of copper. I have replaced most of my cables with after market cables from Pangea, excellent value, PS Audio, expensive and excellent, and the cable mentioned earlier. I am not one to waste money, but I, and my audiophile wife, have heard clear improvements with these cables. I do not think it is magic, I believe 2 principles are the main factors. First, get a big enough diameter of conductor to not restrict current; and secondly in many cases RF and EM shielding can be a big help. I believe shielding is very important in my circumstances.

Some consider wire construction and purity of copper important. I do not know, but I know what I hear. I am pleased to have a wife who not only enjoys music and movies, but also appreciates the gear. At a bit under 2 meters tall with the build of an American football player who long ago traded the gym for the restaurant, I I need her to wiggle into the small places and change wires.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 7 months ago
Marcus, contributions like this are very welcome here!!!!!! An "audiophile" wife????? Never heard of such, but I am glad you have got one, well done!!!!!
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Replacing original power cord-any issues?