file Best subwoofer to pair with Triton Ones for Home Theater?

• flavor12's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
flavor12 Posted 4 years 2 months ago
I've been happy using my tritons as my primary subwoofers for my home theater. However, I'd like to add some additional subs in while still keeping the subs on the triton's active. To do this, would a sealed sub or a ported sub be a better match? Anyone know if the subs on the triton ones sealed or ported?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kamate's Avatar Offline
Kamate Posted 3 years 4 months ago
The Tritons would likely be considered ported by most, due the passive radiators allow for more driver excursion.

I had the same conundrum about a year ago. I wanted something above all else that was tight, quick and accurate, but added more true low end.

I ended up going with a servo sub from Rythmik which was awesome. I bought the Rythmik FV18 with the optional paper cone.
It brings a whole new level of tactile response to my room as well as plumbs the depth. However best of all it stops on an absolute dime, and isn’t boomy in the slightest.

Good luck on your research and decision.

• Pbgalvin's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lovin' GET T1s
    • Thank you received: 633
Pbgalvin Posted 3 years 2 months ago
I've just pulled the trigger on an FV18 paper to go with my GeT References in my HT. Seems like you love your setup - hoping it does the same in mind!
2 channel -> GeT Ones.R, Rogue RP-7 pre, Kinki Studio B7 Monoblock amps fed by Oppo 105D, SonicTransport, OpticalRendu w/ 200,000 tracks, Rega RP8 w/ Garrott OPTIM S3 FGS Ruby + Sutherland 20/20 phono pre, PS Audio Powerplant 20
HT -> Marantz 7703, Butler Audio T5150 amp, GeT Ref mains

• Kamate's Avatar Offline
Kamate Posted 3 years 1 month ago
Congrats on your purchase, I was circling back around to see how you were liking the TRef and the Rythmiks. I just tied mine all together with a new HTP-1 and Dirac Bass Control to manage across all four subs and they have never sounded better,tighter, or more impactful.

• Pbgalvin's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lovin' GET T1s
    • Thank you received: 633
Pbgalvin Posted 3 years 1 month ago
Just did some testing last night.
Definitely brings another level of movie sound reproduction, and it's an excellent level :-).
The testing involved just using the FV18 to replace my previous sub, or using them both.
Rythmik suggested that one FV18 wasn't enough in my large room to "pressurize it" and said I should have the smaller sub close to the listeners.
By hook and crook I put the old sub at the corner of the 2 couches we sit it. Turning it off the sound was great but not butt-moving. Turning it on was definitely an improvement.
Overall it sounds incredible now - close to theater?
So glad I got their advice (even if it's not a great look with the sub in the couch corner) and very glad I added the Rythmik...
2 channel -> GeT Ones.R, Rogue RP-7 pre, Kinki Studio B7 Monoblock amps fed by Oppo 105D, SonicTransport, OpticalRendu w/ 200,000 tracks, Rega RP8 w/ Garrott OPTIM S3 FGS Ruby + Sutherland 20/20 phono pre, PS Audio Powerplant 20
HT -> Marantz 7703, Butler Audio T5150 amp, GeT Ref mains

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 3 years 1 month ago
Hi, Peter

Just curious, how did you set up the Rhythmic sub you added to your system? Are your T Ref's LFE connected also, and set as large, so the T Ref's, new Rhythmic and prior sub are all fed LFE via sub on, or did you use another set up. The set ups I am most familiar with leave the large Tritons as large, LFE connected with a sub added, including subs like the SVS Ultra 16, though smaller Tritons can be set as small with no LFE and low crossovers.....

So far, I'm pretty happy with T Ref fronts and T1 surrounds all large, LFE connected. That can produce room shaking bass, but contemplating what an external sub could add to the game. What's the saying, bass is like horsepower, more is always better.

Thanks!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Clubhouse Show Off Your GoldenEar System Best subwoofer to pair with Triton Ones for Home Theater?