file Where is the Bass??

• ullahw2920's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 8
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
ullahw2920 Posted 8 years 3 months ago
Folks,

Thank you all very much for your responses. I apologize for late reply as I was travelling for a few days. Any how, I did use a Demo CD (Chesky REcord's Guide to Critical Listening) as well as some base heavy music in my own collection. I have been tweaking my system settings every now and then. I have found that my Marantz pre-amp has a graphic EQ setting which I had left untouched at system default "0 db for all frequencies" till now. Today, I changed the settings for 63Hz, 125Hz & 250Hz. That has helped a tiny bit on Bass during music plays but not quite the way I would like. My dealer says, I should keep on tweaking and testing the settings until I find what I am looking for. Let's see where it takes me.

Thanks again for your help and suggestions.
Front: 2 x Triton 2+
Center: Super Center XXL
Surround: 2 x Super Sat 3
Height (Dolby Atmos): 4 x HTR 7000
Sub: Force Field 4
Amps: McIntosh MC452 (powering the Tritons) & MC207 (powering the remaining speakers)
Pre-amp: Marantz 8802A
Source: Oppo 105D
Display: Samsung UN65JS8500
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 8 years 3 months ago
Don't be afraid to try LFE leads with sub on to your Tritons at some point in your experimenting.. they sure "liberated" the bass in mine!

Happy listening!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe, ullahw2920

• ArthurDaniels's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 1811
ArthurDaniels Posted 8 years 3 months ago
If your Audio Amplifiers provide an option to add Analog Bass to the LFE line when listening in a Stereo, Direct, or Pure Direct Mode, the amplifier will send the analog bass signals through the LFE processing circuitry and down the LFE line to your Tritons. If this option is available to you, selecting it will provide considerably more bass. This option is a form of "Double Bass". Double Bass may also be an option in your Audio Amplifiers and, if available and selected, will essentially double the bass signal to your Tritons. If you have either of these options and elect to try them, I recommend you turn the LFE Level controls on your Tritons to near Minimum before playing music, then adjust upwards as appropriate.

Best,

Art
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe, ullahw2920

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 8 years 3 months ago
Wahid,

At this point, I would play around a bit with positioning in case you are having some issues with nulls/cancellations. Also, what kind of interconnects are you using? I have found that analog interconnects can vary greatly. I was running some balanced Mogami Gold cables for a while the were cutting out a lot of the bass. Are the self test lights on the back of your Tritons acting appropriately when you remove the power cord and plug them back into an outlet?

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, ullahw2920

• ullahw2920's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 8
ullahw2920 Posted 8 years 3 months ago
Hello Art & T. Cobe,

Thanks again for your suggestions. For that matter, thanks to all forum members who have made suggestions in this regard. I have been playing around different elements of my configurations and I think I finally reached a point where I believe I now have quite a decent BASS output out of my Tritons in a 2-channel stereo set up (note: I did not have any issues with base during 7.1.2 home theatre set up where I use an external sub). Finally what worked for me is tweaking Graphic EQ settings on my Marantz pre-amp. Initially, for both left and right channels the factory default setting was flat at 0db for all frequencies. Also, graphic EQ was turned off. I turned it on played with the settings for different frequencies until I got decent bass response. Please see the attached picture of the settings that led me to my achievement. Same setting for both Left & Right channels. Thanks again to everyone who took the time to look into this issue and make suggestions!

Wahid Ullah
Front: 2 x Triton 2+
Center: Super Center XXL
Surround: 2 x Super Sat 3
Height (Dolby Atmos): 4 x HTR 7000
Sub: Force Field 4
Amps: McIntosh MC452 (powering the Tritons) & MC207 (powering the remaining speakers)
Pre-amp: Marantz 8802A
Source: Oppo 105D
Display: Samsung UN65JS8500
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe

• charliehatch's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 904
charliehatch Posted 8 years 3 months ago
Kind of late to this. You mentioned moving the speakers around, but have you tried moving your listening position around? If you are seated close to the center of the room (on either axis), you will be sitting at a null on the odd numbered room modes. If you have a rectangular room and your left/right dimension is different from your front/back dimension (usually the case), then the L/R and F/B modes will have different sets of frequencies. Bad luck with room dimensions could cause you to have nulls at many different frequencies. I have found that moving my listening position forward or backward a few inches (not kidding!) can have a big effect on the perceived strength of the bass. Took me a lot of tries with speakers and listening position to get it right, and I ended up using a frequency sweep tone with a sound pressure meter to guide what I was doing.

Charlie
Digital source > multiple boxes and cables that are always changing > Triton Reference speakers
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back