file Music I enjoy and recommend

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 6 years 11 months ago
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Moderator. info_outline
Thanks Bro T. I really enjoyed that, will look for that CD!!!!

How my week is going:
God bless the child that's got his own.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 6 years 11 months ago
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by rjohn79395. info_outline

WayneWilmeth wrote: Thanks Bro T. I really enjoyed that, will look for that CD!!!!

How my week is going:

Man, Wayne!

That was sad to watch. What a player. JJ is the best dang defensive player I've seen in a long time. Reminds me of Bob Lilly of Dallas in his prime. Different positions, DE vs. DT, but both just dominated whoever had the misfortune of trying to block them. Double teams, even triple teams often didn't work. I seriously thought, with Houston finding a quarterback, that maybe they could go far this year....

Keep the faith!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by WayneWilmeth. Reason: sp info_outline
Thanks Bro Rick, but as you know, it is WAY worse than that!!!!!
Whitney Mercilus is gone for the season too!!!!!
That is Fantastic and Fantasticer both gone!!!!!
YES, with them AND finally a Quarterback we had a fighting chance.
As my dear, departed Dad used to say, in the grand, eternal, universal scheme of things view he always had:
"It's just a game"!
Oh well.
You might be able to tell I did start to get my hopes up.
ha ha
Back to listening to great music.
How are the new TRefs and the new ATI amp working out together????
We need a report update Bro Rick.
God Bless,
Wayne
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 6 years 11 months ago
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by rjohn79395. info_outline

WayneWilmeth wrote: How are the new TRefs and the new ATI amp working out together????
We need a report update Bro Rick.
God Bless,
Wayne

Hey, Wayne

I now have well over 100 hours break in on the amp and T Ref's, stopped keeping track weeks ago. The bass on the Ref's blossomed some, now have the bass settings at 11:30 vs the original 12.

The Ref's continue to amaze me. The detail, the dynamics and punch, the bass, the almost 3d like, holographic sound field they create. And so musical to boot.

I continue to love the AT525NC amp/ T Ref combo, still feel it's very competitive with the PrimaLuna/T Ref combo I heard at the dealer. In fact, the ATi amp added some punch and clarity to the center SCXXL as well, and drives the T1 surrounds just fine.

As a dyed in the wool surround guy, I still experiment between playing 2 channel stuff as pure direct to the T Ref's only and upmixing to all nine channels. Probably play upmixed to nine 80% of the time. All the GEt's play together so perfectly, and Dolby Surround does a great job of keeping the sound stage in front but adding a concert hall like effect. And the stunning detail the Ref's contribute is evident in any surround set up also.

I keep experimenting with surround options when playing Blu-rays. For action movies, it's Dolby Atmos when the disc is formatted with it, DTS:X + Neural otherwise. For music Blu-rays, or surround audio super discs, it's between analog out from the OPPO using it's Sabre DAC, and digital using the Marantz's AK4458 32 bit DAC. The Marantz DAC is a bit more musical, the OPPO DAC is a bit more detailed, even a little clinical. Usually prefer the Marantz, which adds the height channels also. (Anthem, I'll be very interested in your impressions of SQ with a OPPO 205 if you acquire one, vs the 105 you/I have now.)

A little heresy here, Wayne. When I stream 2 channel music through the SONOS, cleaned up by a Wyred4Sound reclocker/upsampler, in the past I have played 90+% Deezer FLAC or my own ripped CD's, because MP3 stuff has seemed by comparison sort of lifeless, lacking dynamics and detail. With the T Ref's, even MP3 sources can sound pretty darn good. Not AS good, but very listenable. The Ref's can't make good sound out of garbage in, but with some decent MP3 inputs, not bad at all.

When friends or neighbors hear music they're familiar with on this system, the most common response I hear is WOW.

I am a completely happy camper at this point, with not a single upgradeitis bone in my body.

Happy listening!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Wow, Bro Rick, what a glowing report!!!!!
GREAT for you!!!!!
NO upgradeitis???????? MERCY, I don't even know what that would feel like!!!!
Ha ha
So glad the new speakers and amps are playing nicely together.
Interesting review of the two competing DACs. AND your considerable use of surround sound (a man after my own heart there!!!!!) compared to two channel even with the vaunted TRefs!!!!!
I have been doing some of the same, funny enough.
I am listening to SACDs in DSD Direct letting the DAC in my XMC-1 do the decoding, rather than my oldie but goodie, Oppo 95.
It sounds superb that way!!!! Better than the Oppo, and that is saying a LOT!!!! I can relate to the word, descriptor "Clinical" for the Oppo. My Emo is definitely a little more musical.
Comparing two channel through my TOnes to the two channel I get in my in ear monitors, and to surround sound (SACD DSD 5.0 or 5.1). I will probably write more about this in the Hi Res thread after more listening, but two conclusions so far.
One, I had to fine tune my TOnes setup some, after reading once again Sandy's recommendation of getting the front speakers as far apart as reasonably possible, I moved my TOnes left and right a little more, toed them in a little more, and actually found some missing MAGIC!!!! Not only in terms of soundstage but just all around sweeter/better sound.
Two, as great as the TOnes sound now, and they really do, the sound cannot hold a candle to surround with my T 2s and SC X playing along in their super important positions. I have a better sub too and all together 5.1 or 7.1 sounds INCREDIBLE!!!!!
Especially on the right material--well recorded surround concerts, etc.
Man we are BLESSED guys!!!!!!
God bless,
Wayne
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, rjohn79395

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Love me some Beth Hart!!!!

Enjoy, God Bless,
Wayne
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, rjohn79395

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Advanced Topics Music, Home Theater, Gaming Music I enjoy and recommend