file Currently playing

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
anthem Posted 5 years 3 months ago

Lettuce/Fly (2012) -- Jack Flask

Pulling out all the stops today. High volume that is detailed and dynamic is an Absolute necessity on this cd...the Emotiva xpa-1(Gen 1) monos fit the bill. Let's get the party started!
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

NO BS Brass/Fight Song (a tribute to Charles Mingus) -- 2013-- Better Git Hit In Your Soul

They have the look of New Orleans with the raw sound all their own -- music is a true definition of the “Richmond sound.” Based in Richmond, Virginia, No BS! Brass Band has quickly earned a reputation as a premiere band to see for heart-pounding energy and uncontrollable dancing.

Excellent cd with the exception of the last song, "Nostalgia In Times Square"...
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Acoustic Alchemy/Blue Chips (1989) -- Making Waves

This song seems appropriate today. Since May 29 we've had 17.03 inches of rain. Heavy rain last night and flash flooding. This morning we had more flash flooding and dangerous lightning and thunder. Enough!

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 5 years 3 months ago

anthem wrote:
Since May 29 we've had 17.03 inches of rain. Heavy rain last night and flash flooding. This morning we had more flash flooding and dangerous lightning and thunder. Enough!

Hey, Anthem

Sounds like South Central Texas weather also! It seems I've had the HT system unplugged a lot of late.

LOTS of bass in the No BS Bass song! And Acoustic Alchemy has so many good songs...

I'll be heading for NH for the summer on 5/30. Always look forward to the seafood, views, catching up with friends and family. But I HATE shutting down the GEt's for the summer. :(

I'll keep tabs on forum things from NH.

Keep in touch .

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by anthem. info_outline

Spyro Gyra/The Best of - The Millennium Collection (2007) -- Ruled By Venus

A gift from the Wife. Thanks Wife! I Like It!

The above post should have read, "since April 29 we've had 17.03 inches of rain"

Rick: I don't see how you do it...stay apart from your beloved GoldenEars. I'd go crazy! I hope you & Judy (she is going with you, right?) have a safe trip and a Great time in NH.

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 5 years 3 months ago
Hey, Anthem

I leave on 5/30, to open up, and Judy joins me on 6/7.

Yes, I miss my GET'S all summer!!! The lay-out there is not favorable to floorstanding speakers, or ceiling wiring for a ceiling set-up. So, patiently waiting for DigitalAktiv speakers or headphones from GET to tide me over with GET sound while I'm there....

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back