file Currently playing

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
T Cobe Posted 9 years 3 months ago
Makes me think of PeeWee Herman dancing though this version sounds better!:)

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 9 years 3 months ago
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 9 years 3 months ago
The Rippingtons (featuring Russ Freeman) / Black Diamond -- 1997 -- Seven Nights in Rome.

T Cobe : Peewee has got it going on, Miss Yvonne would be so proud.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• Dilettante's Avatar Offline
  • ALL things work together for good...
    • Thank you received: 94
Dilettante Posted 9 years 3 months ago
Sometimes you guys are so off the wall!!! $10,000+ sound system and you put 10 cent music through it! Gimme a break! Better be glad your sound systems can't see what they are playing! ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Have a great listening ear this evening!!
OPPO 105 - Decware Torii MK IV - Triton Ones
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, T Cobe

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 3 months ago
Hey Dilettante,
Well said!!!!
Good Point!!!!
Try "The Planets" by Gustav Holst, this will check out your system for you!!!! See if you can handle dynamics? I am listening to Sir Adrian Boults' recording.
Happy Listening,
God Bless, Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

• bradorner's Avatar Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 171
bradorner Posted 9 years 3 months ago
Sorry for the long delay. Life. And my Epson projector died, so I replaced it (upgraded to the Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 5030UBe, which is amazing!)

I'm not that familiar with the Raven. He did The Watchmaker and The Raven Refused to Sing in the show. I didn't care for them at all. They were the only songs in the show that I didn't absolutely love. Too thrash/metal for my tastes. I was really buzzing from the show until those came up. Sorta took the wind out my sails at that point. There were head bangers in the audience that clearly loved it, but not my cup of coffee. My friend who got the tix (who is a big Steven Wilson fan) said he didn't care as much for The Raven as he does for most of Wilson's other works.

Hand.Cannot.Erase. is much more sophisticated IMHO. More intricate timing, instrumentation, variety, and overall production. It also happens to be a concept album based on an actual incident of a woman who died in her apartment as wasn't discovered for three years.

Re the XMC-1. Really enjoying it with the exception of Dirac Live and the Remote Control. I haven't had the energy to rework the Dirac curve given all the crashes I had to endure during my initial measurements. The default curve just eats way too much bass for my liking. I've been going back and forth for the past month between the Dirac curve and the basic Preset 1 curve, where I just did the speaker distance and ran an SPL level check and adjustment for each speaker (ran an SPL app on my android tablet). I've decide that of the two curves, I prefer the Preset 1 curve. The upper bass and midrange of the Dirac curve are little better, but the loss of low bass puts the Preset 1 on top for me. It may just be that my Tritons are so damn good on their own that room correction is actually a detriment.

The remote is just too big, heavy, and hard to read. Because of its size, it keeps getting knocked off the couch or end table. And it gets old having to turn a light on to find a button. The other issue with the remote is it seems really really sensitive to touching it even without hitting a button. These little touches trigger the on screen display to flash, which gets annoying (so the lesson is put the remote on the end table and don't touch it until you need to). Can't believe that given the quality of the XMC-1 that Emo would put out such a boat anchor for a remote.

Given that little bit of piss and moan, I really like the XMC-1 overall. Super quiet and clean. Rock solid build quality.
Living Room:
Triton 1 - R,L
SuperCenter XL - Center
Triton 2 - Surrounds
SuperSat 50 - Rear surrounds
Emotiva XMC-1 pre/pro
Emotiva XPA-1 G2 monoblocks, R/L/C,
Emotiva XPA-1L monoblocks: surrounds, rears

Home Office Office:
Triton 7 - R,L
Emotiva XPA1-L, Stealth DC-1 DAC
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back