question-circle Help me with amp for t-reference

• Cxp's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 37
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Cxp Posted 6 years 3 months ago
Out of left field. Have you considered putting in 2 20A dedicated lines for your system.

If it’s doable with your house, I highly recommend dedicated lines.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HTSME

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Cxp's Avatar Offline
Out of left field. Have you considered putting in 2 20A dedicated lines for your system.

If it’s doable with your house, I highly recommend dedicated lines.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, HTSME

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 6 years 3 months ago
Cxp, just like meds huh? If one pill is good, then two is twice as good?

Funny,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HTSME

• Cxp's Avatar Offline
Not too far off about medication but don't imagine the dedicated lines as medication but rather your audio components. You wouldn't take medication together that have known interactions. You would separate them in time.

Similar thing with audio. What do amplifiers do to the voltage at the wall? They decrease it. You can see where I'm getting at here. For the Tritons this is especially critical since you have both the main Amp or receiver which has to send over an analog signal to the Tritons for bass amplification.

I would highly recommend getting the Triton subs on their own dedicated line, then put the amp/dac/source on the other. This way each set of components gets the best power they can get.

BTW dedicated lines are not sexy but amazingly effective. They probably aren't talked about much since you don't have audiophile manufacturers trying to sell you 5-10x up-charged in wall cable for installation. Before buying a conditioner, fuses, or aftermarket power cables - put in a dedicated line. After the dedicated line goes in then you can easily hear the effect of other tweaks/modifications/equipment changes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, HTSME

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 6 years 3 months ago
Agreed about the dedicated line/circuit Cxp.
I just thought you were promoting the idea of having two of them.
One seems to be enough in my home theater, but I have 220 VAC so that might be a difference.
Happy listening,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.

• HTSME's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 287
HTSME Posted 6 years 3 months ago

Cxp wrote: Not too far off about medication but don't imagine the dedicated lines as medication but rather your audio components. You wouldn't take medication together that have known interactions. You would separate them in time.

Similar thing with audio. What do amplifiers do to the voltage at the wall? They decrease it. You can see where I'm getting at here. For the Tritons this is especially critical since you have both the main Amp or receiver which has to send over an analog signal to the Tritons for bass amplification.

I would highly recommend getting the Triton subs on their own dedicated line, then put the amp/dac/source on the other. This way each set of components gets the best power they can get.

BTW dedicated lines are not sexy but amazingly effective. They probably aren't talked about much since you don't have audiophile manufacturers trying to sell you 5-10x up-charged in wall cable for installation. Before buying a conditioner, fuses, or aftermarket power cables - put in a dedicated line. After the dedicated line goes in then you can easily hear the effect of other tweaks/modifications/equipment changes.

CXP - I am one of those individuals that strongly recommends a dedicated 20 amp line for the audio/HT system. Never thought about two dedicated lines, one for the speakers and one for the balance of the electronics. Good idea.

Besides installing one or two 20 amp lines you also need to replace that CHEAP $0.29 outlet with an audio grade outlet. They run the gambit on price. Got mine at Amazon.com when they were on sale. Anything like this one will do the trick:
www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=PGNPR
or this one:
www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=PGNPRSE

When the electrician was running my line and saw the outlet I was planning to use he pointed out the advantages of the one I picked over the elcheapo ones found at Home Depot or Menards. What your paying for is more brass for the contracts to the electrical plug and larger and thicker brass in the outlet. You also get better construction and isolation.

From Amazon:
www.amazon.com/PS-Audio-Power-Port-Class...eywords=audio+outlet

www.amazon.com/Pangea-Audio-Premier-Outl...eywords=audio+outlet

In summary, if your going with a 20 amp dedicated line, you need a good audio outlet line the ones above. Pay attention to specs, some time they are only rated at 15 amp outlets.

It's definitely worth the upgrade.

Del
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Getting Started Buying Advice Help me with amp for t-reference