file Thoughts On This Configuration please.

• UPS retiree's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 25
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
UPS retiree Posted 6 years 10 months ago
Thx Wayne. Rick has been very helpful. And your suggestion as well. I'll renegotiate my front 3, and make them bigger. T5 or bigger. I've had a 5.1 with 2 upfiring Klipsch Atmos speakers, but in my dedicated room, I'd really like to make it what I want. And I've always wanted a 7.1 system. Even my wife agrees, so that's a plus lol. I just like hearing others configs as well. Money is no issue when it comes to getting the "right" sound. Thx Wayne for your input. I'll look at bigger T's in front. Even if my room is considered "small"? It wouldn't be overkill? Bigger is better I guess. Lol
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ahhh. I understand. There are so many NEW speakers coming out that it's hard to decide. 2 questions Rick... Your setup says T Ref Fronts..and T1 surround. Does that mean you have the new T refs? And 4 subs arou d the roo.? How does THAT sound. Earthshaking I bet.
Also, what are your opinions on the new Invisa Signature Points? Better than a tower?? From the write up, they sound amazing.. Thx for helping with my million questions.. haha

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 6 years 10 months ago
Yes, UPS, Rick is the MAN with THE surround system!!!!
Mine is almost the same size room as yours. I had T 2s in front, and now TOnes, moved the T 2s to the surround position (T 3s in the rear, I too like 7.1). And NO, they are NOT too much for the room. Bass all around is amazing, wonderful, highly recommended.
Go for the best you can do, you will enjoy it, your wife will too, for years to come!!!!!
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

Awesome setup with Towers all around. Thank you Wayne for your knowledge. I like the surround bass effect too. Never thought of that.. EXCELLENT. Thx for your time sir... KC....

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 6 years 10 months ago
Thanks UPS, my system was not exactly planned, just happened that way. And sorry if it sounds like I am showing off, I don't mean that.
I think you got the idea though, just sharing with you the advantages of towers and bass all around. And mostly, just good GEt speakers up front!!!!
This forum is a bunch of good people that like to share and help each other.
So, whatever you decide, pls keep us informed and share with us your experiences.
This is fun, God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 6 years 10 months ago

UPS retiree wrote: Ahhh. I understand. There are so many NEW speakers coming out that it's hard to decide. 2 questions Rick... Your setup says T Ref Fronts..and T1 surround. Does that mean you have the new T refs? And 4 subs arou d the roo.? How does THAT sound. Earthshaking I bet.
Also, what are your opinions on the new Invisa Signature Points? Better than a tower?? From the write up, they sound amazing.. Thx for helping with my million questions.. haha

Hey, UPS

Yes, the new T ref's as fronts, and the T1's, former fronts, as surrounds. All LFE connected. And, yes, also, the bass is amazing! Room filling, chair, breastbone shaking when the soundtrack calls for it. BUT always appropriate for what's being played. Never bloated, muddy. I'm with Wayne on this. love GOOD bass. A sub in every corner works for me.

Re your question about the new Invisa Signature Point Source speaker, I've read about it also. The speaker configuration is very similar to the Supercenter XXL, so I don't doubt it will be a winner. Moderator Dude could provide better feedback. If you like bass, I think a question you should get settled in your mind is where you want it to come from. ALL GEt speakers work together seamlessly. You can supplement bass with free standing subs with any combination of GEt speakers, or you can use powered Triton towers to "kill two birds with one stone".

There's no wrong answer here. Any combo of GEt speakers you choose that gives you the surround coverage, and bass levels that you want, will work. So many ways to get there with GEt....

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Getting Started Buying Advice Thoughts On This Configuration please.