file Triton One or Two+ decision help

• Keelover's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 21
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Keelover Posted 8 years 1 month ago
Hello Goldenear community. I'm hoping you can help me in deciding which Triton Tower setup would be best for my home theater.

I'm currently in the process of finishing my basement and am considering a couple of different Triton options that fit into my budget. So far I have decided upon:
Triton One or Two + for the fronts
Super center XXL for center
Invisa MPX in wall for sides
Invisa HTR7000 in ceiling for rears
Invisa 525 n ceiling for 4 Atmos channels

As you can see from the above I do not have a sub specified. My original plan was to go with the Triton Ones and no sub. However, I can also go with the Triton Two + and a Supersub XXL and still stay within budget. The system will be controlled by a Marantz 8802A pre/pro and will be used equally for both cinema and music.

Any thoughts on which would provide the better cinema experience?

I've auditioned both the Triton One and Two + for music and both sounded excellent. My local dealer has a relatively small showroom so although the Triton Ones sounded better overall when listening to music, it was hard for me to compare the low end performance of these two products as they both sounded very similar in the given space. My theater space in my basement will be much larger and more open. I've also never had a setup that did not include one or two subs so I'm somewhat reluctant to go without one at this point.

Thanks for the help.
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 8 years 1 month ago
Keelover,

Welcome to the forum! It sounds like you've got things pretty worked out and I would say whichever you decide between the T2+ or the T1s, it will sound great.

Properly calibrated and setup, the T1s will provide plenty of bass. I'm a self proclaimed bass head and I'm probably using about 50% of the T1s LFE capabilities. That said, I do use an additional sub for better dispersion. My room is also very large and has a lot of treatments.

The T1s are also better with music. Is it dramatic? No, it's not. Is it worth the extra money? Well, each consumer places value differently. We typically recommend purchasing the best speakers you can afford. You could start with the T1s and decide from there if you want to add another sub. I doubt you would need it but you may want it.

Again, either way it will sound great! The T2s are great speakers and I'm sure you would be happy with them. When I was shopping, the + version was not available and I didn't want to have any regrets or what ifs, somI went for the T1s. Let us know what you decide and how the install/setup goes. Pictures are always appreciated!

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, anthem, rjohn79395

Excellent. Thanks for the input Sir. I appreciate the feedback. At this point I'm going to run a coax cable to a point along the back wall so that I have the freedom to add a sub later if I desire. If so, I figure the one rear sub coupled with the two in whatever Tritons I decide upon up font should provide excellent dispersion.

Thanks again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Keelover,

Depending on the size and shape of your room, that is probably a safe location. I have my third sub directly behind my PLP and it works quite nicely for dispersion and tactile sensation. Please let us know how things go as you proceed.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

T Cobe,

Just curious, are you running LFE signals to the T1s as well as your Sub? If so, how are you currently routing the signal? Are you using a splitte? My pre/pro has two LFE outputs. Without the sub, I would run one of these outputs to each Triton. However, if I add a separate sub, then I was thinking that I'd have to consider another option such as a splitter.

Thank you
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Keelover,

You can split each sub out once based on what we've discussed and been told on the forum previously. I have 2 RCA and 2 XLR LFE connections on the back of my Anthem AVM 60. I don't have a balanced sub, so I am splitting 1 RCA connections to feed both T1s up front and the second RCA LFE feeding my rear external sub. I could probably attempt to use some XLR to RCA adapters, but I'm happy with the results.

Calibration can be a bit tricky. If you google the process, it will spell it out fairly well but it comes down to calibrating each sub individually. With the addition of each sub, you'll want to calibrate each sub 3dB lower. So, for two subs, each should be calibrated to approximately 72 dB individually. When you add both together, you should be back at 75 dB. That's usually a good starting off point. From there, I usually ramp it up a bit.

Cheers,

T Cobe
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Getting Started Buying Advice Triton One or Two+ decision help