file Triton Room Size Guide

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 8 years 9 months ago
Got you jwb629.
Yeah, I wish you had bought here, your taxes would be WAY cheaper, and so would the Tritons.
The weather, food, music and people are all GREAT!!!!!!
Let us know what you decide on?
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe, jwb629

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 8 years 9 months ago
Short answer: There is only too little, never too much. Buy as "big" as fits your physical space and your budget.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• jwb629's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 8
jwb629 Posted 8 years 9 months ago
I was afraid your answer would be something like this. Thanks!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• Em84's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 109
Em84 Posted 8 years 9 months ago

jwb629 wrote: T Cobe,
Thanks for your response. I've had a chance to listen to the 7's and the 1's, however both were in different rooms, and the 1's in almost a 2 story foyer, so the sound was different. My wife and I were both amazed at the 7's, however she really wants to feel the bass when we crank it up, so we've taken them off the table. So, yes we have heard them, but the option to bring them home and test them would be challenging, not impossible, but not optimal either. Money is available, but I now live in a nation with 21% sales tax, so it goes much faster. We've changed our lifestyle, so this will be the last splurge of money for audio for the foreseeable future.

Not that I want to change the answer from GE, because having this info listed in one place would be very nice, but the system will go into 16' X 18' (288 sq/ft) living room, very high ceilings, hard floors, and two massively tall windows at the rear of the back 16' wall. We're still looking at furniture, but will add a 9' open bookshelf on one side and something similar on the other side to reduce the bounce on the walls. Couch will be centered about 8-10' from the TV wall. We will add some rugs, but it will remain a hard floor overall. The system will be 60/40 movies/music. Looking at the Cambridge CXU to play disc's and possibly the Peachtree 220 to drive the speakers. I'm going to attempt to use the CXU as the receiver and connect HDMI directly to the TV and run copper to the Peachtree and then on to the speakers. We will stream music as well, and will connect that directly to the Peachtree.

Thanks!

I have my Triton One's with a Peachtree 220SE in a temporary small room (I've posted photos in another thread on this forum I think).

The temporary room is only about 3m x 3m but I'm absolutely loving it at the moment, so I can't wait until they go into a better room soon-ish.
sonicTransporter i5 & Roon Server > Digi+ PRO > Mojo > Dialogue Premium HP > GE Triton Ones

Analysis Plus Speaker Cables, Interconnects & Power Cables
Elgar Ultra High Isolation Transformer
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Getting Started Buying Advice Triton Room Size Guide