file Triton One in Smallish Room

• samurai7595's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 4
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
samurai7595 Posted 8 years 10 months ago
My living room is roughly 12ft x 13ft with an 8ft ceiling and I own the Devialet 200 integrated amp.

The room is a typical living room with leather sofas, an area rug and a curtain behind the listening position to cover a window. I listen to all types of music except Country/Western and love my bass (deep, well-controlled bass) with a rich, non-fatiguing highs and sweet midrange.

The speakers would be roughly 7ft apart with roughly 1.5ft to the wall behind them and 1.5ft to the side wall and about 10ft from the listening position.

Would the Triton One speakers work well for me or should I be looking at the Two or even the Three?
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 8 years 10 months ago
Samurai7595,

Welcome to the forum. Wow, a Devialet 200, I bet that would have the T1s singing beautifully! Looks like that amp is fairly portable. I'd pack that up and go to your local GET dealer and give it a try in their showroom. Better yet, maybe they can bring a pair to you to demo but I haven't heard that happen yet. The T1s are quite large.

I have my T1s situated at about 3 feet in from the side and front walls. They sound great either way but I will say they sound better with a bit of room to breathe. Of course, I'm measuring 3' at the front of the speaker. With the bass gain know, you certainly have some flexibility to adjust things if it's getting a little boomy so close to the walls. Others here position their T1s closer to their walls. Perhaps we can get you a few more opinions.

As far as room size goes, I don't think that will be an issue. Overkill is a matter of perception. I would give a listen to the T1s and T2s to see which you like better. I'm not a gambling man but I'd put money on the T1s if I were. Based on your description of how you prefer your music to sound, I'd say the T1s will be right on the mark but I'll admit that I'm a bit biased. Please let us know how the audition goes.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 8 years 10 months ago
Hi and Welcome Samurai7595,
I am amazed that there were already 7594 Samurais taking that user name ahead of you!!!!! ha ha
Good to have you here and that is a great question.
You are going to have a REALLY wonderful sounding system.
I have a friend who runs just that same system, and in a room not any larger than yours.
He got an in-home audtion T. Cobe, but, yeah, it is pretty hard to find a dealer that is that kind. Ours over here in Thailand
is WONDERFUL!!!!!!
Go for it Samurai. it should be awesome.
Happy listening,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

• samurai7595's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 4
samurai7595 Posted 8 years 10 months ago
Thanks for the feedback T Cobe & Wayne!

If all goes well, I will be auditioning the speakers this coming weekend.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• murphyslaw1978's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 337
murphyslaw1978 Posted 8 years 10 months ago
I have my Triton Twos about 9' apart and about 9' from the couch. They are only 1' off the back wall and 2' from the sides of either left/right wall. My room is large, but the actual listening area is 12x13 with 6'8" ceilings (low). Besdies my back wall being 31' long, we have the same listening space.

The tweeter and mid-bass drivers on the Trition Two are about the same height from the Triton One, so you are good there. The only issue I see for small room as the room modes for bass. A lot of folks put their subs nearfield in that case, e.g., on either side of the couch if the couch is on the ball wall.

Otherwise, I would think the T1s would work in your room.
7.1 today, moving to 7.1.4 tomorrow
(2) Triton Two - front mains
(1) Sat 60C - center
(2) Sat 50s - sides
(2) Sat 50s - rear
(2) DIY 18" Stereo Integrity subs, 1100w each
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Getting Started Buying Advice Triton One in Smallish Room